Gtn 650 xi Basemap

Tan

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
TheCapTan
I have a gtn 650 xi and I get a baseman unavailable message on my downloads page. All other items navigation data, obstacles , and terrain are current. Baseman shows worldwide 20m3. Any solutions?

I have a gtn 650 xi and I get a baseman unavailable message on my downloads page. All other items navigation data, obstacles , and terrain are current. Baseman shows worldwide 20m3. Any solutions?
This message appears where? When downloading to the card? Or card to the 650?

If the former, are you downloading with flygarmin.com or the dedicated data management app on PC/Mac?

This message appears where? When downloading to the card? Or card to the 650?

If the former, are you downloading with flygarmin.com or the dedicated data management app on PC/Mac?

This is on the garmin map. I use a flightstream 510. All downloads are fine except on the app it says unavailable to user.

This is on the garmin map. I use a flightstream 510. All downloads are fine except on the app it says unavailable to user.
I had this problem a while back and called my avionics shop. He said to call Garmin which I did. Part of my subscription had expired and is why. One credit card later it worked again.

I have a 750xi and it was showing the same error. It turns out I had a corrupted data file on my FS-510 and I had to format the 510 and reload the databases from fly.garmin.com.

I have a 750xi and it was showing the same error. It turns out I had a corrupted data file on my FS-510 and I had to format the 510 and reload the databases from fly.garmin.com.
FWIW I have never removed my FS510 out of my 650 since the day I left the avionics shop 3.5 years ago and close to 900 hours of flying.
Do you remove yours? Is there a reason to take it out?

I use garmin pilot to update my data bases. I do worry about it getting stolen though??

FWIW I have never removed my FS510 out of my 650 since the day I left the avionics shop 3.5 years ago and close to 900 hours of flying.
Do you remove yours? Is there a reason to take it out?

I use garmin pilot to update my data bases. I do worry about it getting stolen though??
I usually do the same but when I tried to update the databases via pilot this time, it started acting weird. Usually I don't have to remove the 510 but after talking to my avionics guy, he told me to take the 510 out and plug it into my programmer and format the drive, then reload the databases. It fixed the problem, apparently if for some reason a database gets corrupted, the 750 can act strange. It apparently cannot recognize that a Database is corrupted, it just chokes on it and starts doing things like saying it is packing the databases for download and then crashing. It also drops the wifi connection and does other weird stuff like saying the database is unavailable. In any case, reformatting the 510 seems to have gotten it all working as it should.

Edit:

From what I can gather, the 510 is basically an SD card and also has a wifi and a Bluetooth interface in the same package so you can program it like a standard SD card.

Last edited:
Back