GTA Air, Lancaster, TX

Laurie

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Penguin
Since there's a few of y'all that live and have worked in TX, I thought I'd throw this out. Anyone have any experience with GTA Air? I've found plenty of articles, etc thanks to Google, but I'd like to find out what it's like to actually work there from a pilot perspective. They seem to be advertising for pilots on a regular basis.....don't know if that's a bad, good, or indifferent thing.

Thanks for the help with my research 'project'.

Laurie

I think Troy and Spike are based at ADS. I've never seen them come into AUS.

I know nothing of them (other than I see a lot of their want ads around), but I can ask over on jet careers I'm sure someone somewhere knows something.

Are they at Lancaster or Addison or both? I get to Addison on occasion and I can ask around.

I bet good money Wayne (WABower) will have the skinny on 'em. You might PM him.

Meanwhile, I'll ask around the Airport Mafia today.

I bet good money Wayne (WABower) will have the skinny on 'em. You might PM him.

Meanwhile, I'll ask around the Airport Mafia today.

I've never heard of them or seen their ads. What are they famous for?

Hey Thanks y'all. The website only says Lancaster as a base, so not sure about Addison, but that would make sense, at least to me. They aren't exactly famous but have 15 402's for hauling freight.

It sounds like fun, especially the moving back to Texas part. It also sounds like a smaller 'family' run business. I have had both extremes working for companies like that - one extremely good and still 'family' today, and the other, well, we don't exactly send Christmas cards.

hey, i was looking at GTA when i was looking for a job.

they wanted $7000 for ME to be SIC in their 402s for 100hrs. THEN after I got my 135 requirements, and ONLY THEN, they'd LET me fly their bonanzas for ZERO pay! I should feel fortunate to be flying. Just be glad I don't have to PAY for it.

NO SIR! F THAT! Companies like that ruin it for the pilots who actually WANT to make money. Yes I'm proud to say i got a job flying for pay, no it's not a multi, but it's still flying for pay! So that pleases me.

I think that must be the sad-sack looking fleet parked by old Mercury at ADS. Having looked at them for some time (and seen at least one mechanical mishap) I probably wouldn't be encouraging any family members or close friends to go that direction.
hey, i was looking at GTA when i was looking for a job.

they wanted $7000 for ME to be SIC in their 402s for 100hrs. THEN after I got my 135 requirements, and ONLY THEN, they'd LET me fly their bonanzas for ZERO pay! I should feel fortunate to be flying. Just be glad I don't have to PAY for it.

NO SIR! F THAT! Companies like that ruin it for the pilots who actually WANT to make money. Yes I'm proud to say i got a job flying for pay, no it's not a multi, but it's still flying for pay! So that pleases me.

Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted to know. I kinda figured that might be the case based on the regularity they seem to advertise for pilots.

Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted to know. I kinda figured that might be the case based on the regularity they seem to advertise for pilots.
Unfortunately anyone who is regularly advertising for pilots in this market today is probably not the best place to work.

GTA is the outfit with those "sad-sack looking" planes parked along the ramp just south of Uniform.

Back