Grumman Tiger in Mobile, AL area?

glorialiu7

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
glorialiu7
I am a student pilot approaching my checkride, and I have been fascinated with Grumman Tigers and the idea of owning one. I am mostly looking at an aircraft that I can build experience in as a pilot (limited rental aircraft available in my area) as well as something spacious something that I can fly rescue flights for Pilots N Paws. IFR capable would be another plus.

Does anyone know of a Grumman Tiger in the Gulf Coast (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida area) area? I fly out of KCQF (Fairhope, AL) and there aren't any there.

I would appreciate any advice on how to go about experiencing a Tiger (or Cheetah, or Traveler) in person.

First post, love this forum and the wealth of information available!

Gloria

Last edited:
Two really good places to ask are the American Yankee Association (the international Grumman owners and pilots association) and the Grumman Gang email list. I know there are quite a few AYA'ers along the Gulf Coast (including one in Fairhope, whom I'll email if you give me your contact information either by posting, PM, or email), and I'm sure many of them can be talked into giving you a ride in a Grumman.

And welcome to PoA!

Trade a Plane, Barnstormers, Ebay, Controller are are good ways to find airplanes, but don't forget the good ol boy network.

Just start talking up your desire at the local airports with the people there and... Follow leads.

I hear KCQF has a brand spanking new compass rose! :D

I hear KCQF has a brand spanking new compass rose! :D

The local 99s chapter did a great job (Emerald Angels of the Gulf Coast) ! I wanted to participate, but was out of town for work. Great group of ladies.

Back