Grumman AA5 Main Wheel Fairing

N26888

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
N26888
Hello P.A. Members,

This is my first post so, I hope it's posting in the correct location... If not, please let me know..

Ok here's my question. I have a 1979 Grumman AA5. I noticed to day that my right main wheel fearing is loose. Do any have any information as to what I might look over to tighten things up.

Thank you in advance,

N26888 ✈️

Hello P.A. Members,

This is my first post so, I hope it's posting in the correct location... If not, please let me know..

Ok here's my question. I have a 1979 Grumman AA5. I noticed to day that my right main wheel fearing is loose. Do any have any information as to what I might look over to tighten things up.

Thank you in advance,

N26888 ✈️
Mine loosens pretty regularly (R too, ??).
Just have to remove a bunch of Phillips head machine screws and timmerman washers, slide the fairing up and tighter the bolt holding the bracket to ft-lb spec found in the maintenance manual. Whether this is to be considered owner performed preventative maintenance is up to you to decide.
Probably better posted in Maintenance Bay.

Hello P.A. Members,

Thank you in advance,

N26888 ✈️

I would ask this question the AYA website or Grumman Gang. Do a google search and you should find both.

Back