Group dinner?

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Has it been determined what the group dinner plans are for this year? Are we going offsite on a bus like last year?

Most likely not unless someone wants to go through the trouble and expense of arranging all that since Steve won't be attending this year.

What we really need is people mentioning this event to their fellow pilots. Other forums would help as well.

Most likely not unless someone wants to go through the trouble and expense of arranging all that since Steve won't be attending this year.

What we really need is people mentioning this event to their fellow pilots. Other forums would help as well.

I'll mention it on the DFW Pilots Board... I tagged a reply onto a thread that Spike had posted on back in 2008 about 3M0.

Steve won't be attending this year.

WhatWhatWHAAAAATTT??? :(

Who's gonna be Gaston's Approach this year? What are we gonna do on Thursday evening? :dunno:

Sorry you won't be there Steve, you will definitely be missed.

WhatWhatWHAAAAATTT??? :(

Who's gonna be Gaston's Approach this year? What are we gonna do on Thursday evening? :dunno:

Sorry you won't be there Steve, you will definitely be missed.
I'm trying to work through those details...Really having a hard time justifying the big ass cabin for just Danielle and I. Anyone else interested in splitting it Wed thru Sat? Not sure yet if they even have it..

Last edited:
I wish I could come. I lost out on the "lottery wheel of negotiating vacation time" moving to the new job. Heh. The only downside of MANY upsides. Went from my earned 4.4 weeks of paid vacation time to 2.

Now OSH is on the schedule, and everything else is getting shuffled. And OSH might have to get shorter for me if I hope to ever get this #@($*% Instrument Rating done!

Otherwise, I had it on the calendar and was ready to hop in the Skylane and head over that week. :(

It's one of those "nice problems to have" kinda things, I guess. I could be convinced that we need similar vacation time offered to most Europeans and Australians pretty easily right about now. ;)

An Aussie friend who's been with the same company for 10 years has over two months of paid vacation time a year. Talk about him making me jealous... he came for a "U.S. Tour" one year, and dragged his family around the U.S. for a month, and still had a month and a half of time off coming to him that year.

Think we Americans would be a bit more intelligent about foreign lands and people if we could "get out more" and spend more than a week as a tourist somewhere?

The funny part about my friend's trip... he set up a U.S. bank account to make things "easier" and was shocked that "Bank of America" didn't have branches and ATMs in every State! LOL.... the power of Marketing.

I'm trying to work through those details...Really having a hard time justifying the big ass cabin for just Danielle and I. Anyone else interested in splitting it Wed thru Sat? Not sure yet if they even have it..
You've talked to the Bockelmans? We've roomed with them the past couple years, but aren't coming this year either.

Back