Ground vehicles at private airport

OMG how time flys, OBTW the Circle P are now (pvt) not R.

Private can be used by the public with out permission by the owner/s

Diamond Point is a prime example here.

I think you may be mistaken. AirNav shows 2WA1 is PPR.
"Airport use: Private use. Permission required prior to landing"

Is this a case similar to Roche Harbor, where it's technically PPR, but the owners still invite everyone and "permission" is granted after landing?

OMG how time flys, OBTW the Circle P are now (pvt) not R.

Private can be used by the public with out permission by the owner/s

Diamond Point is a prime example here.

I really don't understand what you're saying. Like Brad, I've never seen a circle-P; only circle R. Circle R is a non-hard surfaced private airstrip. A hard-surfaced one is designated "Pvt" in the airport name. This is from the current San Franciso sectional.

I think by definition a private airport can only be used with owner's permission. Looking here: https://www.airnav.com/airport/2WA1 it specifically says that Diamond Point airport (assuming this is the one you're talking about) can only be used with prior permission.

Or maybe I've just been sucked in on a private joke? I don't get out much.

Tim

I really don't understand what you're saying. Like Brad, I've never seen a circle-P; only circle R. Circle R is a non-hard surfaced private airstrip. A hard-surfaced one is designated "Pvt" in the airport name. This is from the current San Franciso sectional.

I think by definition a private airport can only be used with owner's permission. Looking here: https://www.airnav.com/airport/2WA1 it specifically says that Diamond Point airport (assuming this is the one you're talking about) can only be used with prior permission.

Or maybe I've just been sucked in on a private joke? I don't get out much.

Tim

Officially, all private airports are PPR and require permission by the owner before hand. In practice, there are "known" private strips that allow anyone and everyone to come visit. Sometimes it's just a note on their website. 5NC3 on our side of the country is a good example of this kind of "public" private airport.

Officially, all private airports are PPR and require permission by the owner before hand. In practice, there are "known" private strips that allow anyone and everyone to come visit. Sometimes it's just a note on their website. 5NC3 on our side of the country is a good example of this kind of "public" private airport.

Negative ghostrider. I'm at a private owned, public use airport, and there are plenty more around me.

Negative ghostrider. I'm at a private owned, public use airport, and there are plenty more around me.

Yep. I visit some, too. Only need to worry about the ones marked "R" or "Pvt". The privately owned, public use airports that I'm familiar with can't be distinguished from publicly owned fields on the sectional or approach plates. But go to airnav and look it up, scroll way down and look for Ownership and Management.

I didn't say anything about ownership, Maverick.

All private use airports are considered PPR. Whether you actually get prior permission is between you and the owner.

And yes, I'm aware there are privately owned public use airports. There are even a few that receive federal funding.

Airport Ownership and Management from official FAA records

Ownership: Privately-owned
Owner: DIAMOND POINT ARPT ASSOC INC
P O BOX 1241
SEQUIM, WA 98382
Phone 360-683-5147
TRUSTEE.
Manager: P. O. BOX 1241
SEQUIM, WA 98382
Phone 360-683-5147
MANAGED BY PRESIDENT OF DIAMOND POINT ARPT ASSOC. BOARD OF DIRECTORS.

This one only requires PPR from Ultra lights and hang gliders.
Airport Ownership and Management from official FAA records

Ownership: Privately-owned
Owner: A. J. EISENBERG AIRPORT LLC
417 2ND AVE WEST
SEATTLE, WA 98119
Phone 866-429-2132
Manager: ALAN HODGKINS
1140 MONROE LANDING ROAD
OAK HARBOR, WA 98277
Phone (360) 672-5677
Airport Operational Statistics

- TREES, BRUSH, SIGN & PARKED ACFT IN PRIM SFC.
- PPR FOR ULTRALIGHTS AND GLIDERS CTC AMGR PHONE 360-929-6802 OR 1-866-429-2132.
- DEER NEAR ALL MOVEMENT AREAS.

I didn't say anything about ownership, Maverick.

All private use airports are considered PPR. Whether you actually get prior permission is between you and the owner.

And yes, I'm aware there are privately owned public use airports. There are even a few that receive federal funding.

You used the conjunctive "and". That is a mistake, no matter how you slice it. Ownership notwithstanding.

Modifying your previous statement by adding "use" doesn't matter. The use of an airport is found in it's name.

You used the conjunctive "and". That is a mistake, no matter how you slice it. Ownership notwithstanding.

Modifying your previous statement by adding "use" doesn't matter. The use of an airport is found in it's name.

Yawn.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back