Grim start to 2021 in my area.

flhrci

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
David
1 Double murder-suicide, 2 suicides and 11 overdose deaths in the Columbus, OH area so far according to he local news.

Makes me very sad. Not much else to say.

1 Double murder-suicide, 2 suicides and 11 overdose deaths in the Columbus, OH area so far according to he local news.

Makes me very sad. Not much else to say.

Sadly, I believe that we are going to see a significant uptick in that type of thing as lockdowns/business failures/etc drag on at the same time people are isolated (physically and emotionally) from the people they might normally reach out to about such matters. Many folks are at a point in their lives they never in a million years thought they’d be in.

Sadly, I believe that we are going to see a significant uptick in that type of thing as lockdowns/business failures/etc drag on at the same time people are isolated (physically and emotionally) from the people they might normally reach out to about such matters. Many folks are at a point in their lives they never in a million years thought they’d be in.

I think the uncertain end of the lockdown is the worst part for many people. the "2 weeks to flatten the curve" was an easier to handle than what we are seeing now.

Eh, if it bleeds, it leads. This isn’t unique to the OP’s area, our local outlets (all owned by conglomerates) are doing the same thing.

Sinclair Media brought attention to media strategies a few years ago; the lesson to be learned is that most local media isn’t local, regardless of the medium.

Eh, if it bleeds, it leads. This isn’t unique to the OP’s area, our local outlets (all owned by conglomerates) are doing the same thing.

Sinclair Media brought attention to media strategies a few years ago; the lesson to be learned is that most local media isn’t local, regardless of the medium.

The OP also lives in Central Ohio. Overdoses aren't an uncommon event there.

Best solution? Turn off the TV.

From some one up north (near Vancouver, Canada) I can say that this has become normal place. It is not expressed so much in our news networks here but suicide has most certainly increased. It is a very sad state of things here.
So many jobs lost, homes and ways of life due to the lock downs and drastic changes in life. Not everyone can handle the massive changes.

Back