Greg Bockelman flew into Twin Oaks today :)

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Today I had the pleasure of meeting Greg Bockelman and his lovely wife, also a pilot. They flew into Twin Oaks on their way to Bolivar for lunch at the airport café. What great people! :) I’m looking forward to spending more time with Greg at Gaston’s, and maybe getting a ride too (when the engine isn't hot ;) ).

What can you say about a beautiful Cessna 195? Not enough superlatives in my vocabulary. There’s nothing like a radial engine. Such a beautiful sound! I think the pictures show what a magnificent airplane they have. And from my observation, Greg flies it very, very well.

Tom flew the Citabria home from it’s annual just as they were starting the 195 for departure; he did stick his head in the door to say “hello” before they left.

As always, it was great to meet in person a fellow aviation forum member.

Thanks for dropping by Greg! :)

Oh, that is so pretty! Can't wait to meet the 195 -- and her owners, of course -- in person. :)

Looks like a great flying day. The weather always looks so clear over Missouri.

~Toby (from the Land of Haze)

I agree. Greg does have a rather purty 195. And that radial sounds just plain awesome!

Oh, nice! How fun for you, Diana! Great pics.

You gotta use one of those pics as your avatar, Greg...that old one you used at AOPA just doesn't do that airplane justice.

:)

Terry

Greg Bockelman flew into Twin Oaks today
I hope he didn't break it.

*ba-dum-ching*

*crickets chirp*

*Chuck sulkily goes back to his work...*

terzap said:

You gotta use one of those pics as your avatar, Greg...that old one you used at AOPA just doesn't do that airplane justice.

:)

Terry

However, given the size of it, the Avatar doesn't do it justice either.

Greebo said:
I hope he didn't break it.

*ba-dum-ching*

*crickets chirp*

*Chuck sulkily goes back to his work...*

LOL! Chuck, don't go back to work; stay and play. :yes:

Greg Bockelman said:
However, given the size of it, the Avatar doesn't do it justice either.

The staff is listening I think.....
From the "News" section
Greebo said:
This week Pilots of America announces two additional optional services for users wishing to help support the Pilots of America website.

#1) Large Avatar - Users who pick this option may have custom avatars of up to 200px x 200px in dimension size and 300k in file size. These users can also have larger profile pictures up 500x500 pixels and 500k in file size.

T Bone said:
From the "News" section

I'll have to look into that. I haven't really had the patience to figure out all the options on this board yet.

T Bone said:
From the "News" section
Actually I didn't read this thread until I'd done the update.

So I saw this and said, "Hmm, how convenient for Greg!" :)

Looks like a blast! I have to get over there and land my plane!!

terzap said:
Terry

Thanks Terry. I do have good subject matter. :) Someday I'd like to get a good camera.

It's always great to have people fly into the farm to visit us. :)

Back