Greetings

Jack Allison

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Jack Allison
Hi all...thought I'd drop a quick note of introduction as I recently joined. I'm a semi-refugee from the Usenet groups, having joined here as a result of Dudley, Jay H., Jim B., MontBlack, and several others joining here. Sure looks like a much better signal to noise ratio over here...but I still check in on the rec.aviation groups from time to time.

About me: I co-own a '71 Arrow based in Lincoln, CA. PPL in '03, instrument rating in '06, currently working toward my commercial certificate. I've flown to Oshkosh the past five years. This year, I'm riding the aluminum tube (be quiet Jay!) as a way of keeping the costs down a bit. I'll miss flying the Arrow but at least I'll be there again this year.

Various blog postings: http://jacksflying.blogspot.com/

Jack

Hi, Jack! Oh crap! You can't say that on an aviation board! :eek: Welcome! :D

Costs down?! Heck, these days part of the fun of flying is complaining about how expensive it is! Wait 'till the day when airline tickets aren't free! :)

Oh sure, first it's Jay with "Do I even know you?" and now you're giving me crap about it. Paul will be next I'm sure.

You're just jealous that nobody got you a 1.3 AMU travel voucher :)

Oh sure, first it's Jay with "Do I even know you?" and now you're giving me crap about it. Paul will be next I'm sure.

You're just jealous that nobody got you a 1.3 AMU travel voucher :)

Nah... I'd rather have it in 100LL.:yes:

Actually, I would too! It would make flying to OSH this year via the Arrow much more of a reality.

I've flown to Oshkosh the past five years. This year, I'm riding the aluminum tube (be quiet Jay!) as a way of keeping the costs down a bit.

Augh! Do I *know* you, Jack? A man who has FLOWN into OSH with his own yoke in-hand (so to speak) cannot possibly be content to allow some nameless, faceless pilot (unseen, no less!) to fly him into (gag!) a cattle-car-convention at a major commercial airport, only to then be BUSSED to the Big Show in OSH!

Augh! What are we gonna DO with you, Jack? There just aren't enough beers in Oshkosh for you to buy us to make this up to Jim and me, you know...

:goofy:

Seriously, we're just glad you're coming.

For the beers, I mean...

:)

Lots of new friends here. Welcome to you, Jack, and all the other new Usenet refugees.

no yoke in hand, much egg on face!
hehe... just trying to yuck it up :)

So, you're not under water (yet) eh? Um...that's good. I figure if I get no crap from you, that means you're busy trying to swim/boat away from the Motel.

Yeah yeah, I know, I suck big time for not letting my own airplane revel in the grass of the N-40. It's all about the economics of a $3K round trip from the Left Coast. Well, that and I fear no executive aluminum tube transport system.

Beer at OSH? Nah, I thought it was all LIIT/G&T all the time. At least that's what Jim told me :)

Lol... something like that. I need to get to bed... hopefully, if the weather clears up and I'm real lucky, I'll wake up to the sounds of AirTractors and their PT6's spraying the potatoes across the road.... it's either been raining or too windy lately and I'm getting behind. Not quite as romantic as the old R-1340's, but still a nice sound to wake up to.

Back