Greenville SC restaurants

Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
My Daughter and her family just moved to this area and I was going to get her a gift certificate for someplace nice for her birthday. Any suggestions as to where to send her? Just don't know that area at all.

Dave

Dave Siciliano said:
My Daughter and her family just moved to this area and I was going to get her a gift certificate for someplace nice for her birthday. Any suggestions as to where to send her? Just don't know that area at all.

Dave
Japanese:
Kampai of Tokyo
533 Haywood Rd
Greenville, SC 29607
Phone: (864) 234-0334

Dine in restaurant
Rafferty's
600 Congaree Rd
Greenville, SC 29607
Phone: (864) 297-0004

Dessert (Fondue)
The Melting Pot
475-5 Haywood Road
Greenville, SC 29607
Phone: (
864) 297-5035

All of these are near the Haywood Mall.

As for the best coffee shop, I'd say Coffee Underground in downtown.

Coffee Underground
1 E Coffee St
Greenville, SC
Phone: (864) 298-0494

And since you'll be visiting often (right?), might I suggest Donaldson Jet Center at GYH as your FBO of choice? :D

Hope this helps!

Oh, almost forgot to add... if you're going all out for an occasion you can't go wrong with Soby's http://www.sobys.comhttp://www.sobys.com/)

Last edited:
There used to be a place, somewhere between Clemson and Greenville that was really nice. Set in an old farmhouse. Very nice dining experience.

Many moons ago, I had dinner there. Don't know if it still even exists.

I remember going to a place called "The Beacon" either in Greenville or Spartenburg. Great BBQ beef sandwiches.

Thanks guys! We'll look through these and see what we can do in time for her birthday.

Dave

wbarnhill said:
Dessert (Fondue)
The Melting Pot
475-5 Haywood Road
Greenville, SC 29607
Phone: (
864) 297-5035

The Melting Pot is good for dinner too, not just dessert! You can start with Cheese fondue, move on to Beef and other meats, and finish with dessert. EXCELLENT food. I'm glad they're building one near me. :yes:

FWIW, the one I actually went to was in Miami, FL but I'm guessing they're all top-notch.

flyingcheesehead said:
The Melting Pot is good for dinner too, not just dessert! You can start with Cheese fondue, move on to Beef and other meats, and finish with dessert. EXCELLENT food. I'm glad they're building one near me. :yes:

FWIW, the one I actually went to was in Miami, FL but I'm guessing they're all top-notch.
We do the Melting Pot here in Denver on special occasions. Before the first visit, I was figuring I would have to drive thru McDonald's on the way home (c'mon, who gets full eating little chunks of stuff dipped in hot whatever?) ... turns out we couldn't finish it all! Two thumbs up from me!

We did the Melting Pot guys! Thanks for the suggestions. My daughter has already called and told me how much they like that place!

Dave

Back