Greensburg is no more

Re: Greenburg is no more

I caught some of the video on Fox News... entire blocks leveled. They said nine died. I'm amazed it was so few. Where did anyone go to be safe?!?!

It looks like a good place to take all those new FEMA trailers sitting empty for two years. I wish the town a speedy recovery along with prayers for the survivors.

That's just insane. And the state is getting hammered again - I was just looking at the radar and they had a perfect bow front coming through on the radar. Man - they got no luck at all.

Wow, looks like only downtown still exists (the 2 mini sky scrapers in photo 6)

Nick, I'm pretty sure those are the grain silos that are shown closer in the next few photos.

I caught some of the video on Fox News... entire blocks leveled. They said nine died. I'm amazed it was so few. Where did anyone go to be safe?!?!
I just heard on the news a few minutes ago, that they had 20 minutes of warning sirens blaring. I think that helped keep the casualty numbers down.

It looks like a good place to take all those new FEMA trailers sitting empty for two years. I wish the town a speedy recovery along with prayers for the survivors.
Amen brother! Godspeed to them. :(

Yesterday afternoon there were politicians complaining that they couldn't understand why FEMA wasn't already there.

Yesterday afternoon there were politicians complaining that they couldn't understand why FEMA wasn't already there.
Could it be... the town is in the middle of BFE Kansas? And... there were more storms on the way?

Sure, it makes sense there are people who sit around on a massive scale similar to a fire station crew and ready to swoop down in any given area of the country. And, surely they would go in without concern of their own safety where they may or may not be able to provide the help needed. This would be on par with sending in military troops when you know there is a planned attack to take place and your troops will be lost.

The politicians are doing what they do best, running their mouth with rhetoric with no purpose but to draw attention to themselves. Harold Ford said it best about today's politics which apply to this town's needs... "We need more logical thinkers in politics, not just stump speeches and handshaking. When are these people simply spending time thinking about the problems and coming up with workable solutions?" That's a paraphrase but certainly has application here. What does this town need? How are we best going to provide it? Sure there are basics but there's a lot more than just food and water necessary in the immediate future.

I'm not trying to make this a political post but it does tick me off when politicians use such events for their benefit. No one beyond the state's governor belongs there and not even him for a couple weeks. If W shows up any sooner than a month, I'd have an issue; particularly with what it cost to take him anywhere. [/rant]

If W shows up any sooner than a month, I'd have an issue; particularly with what it cost to take him anywhere. [/rant]

I'd give it less than 3 days. They may let sanity reign and he'll just fly over, but don't count on it.

Politics. They got burned on New Orleans.

Nick, I'm pretty sure those are the grain silos that are shown closer in the next few photos.

:rofl: That is exactly what those are Grant. It is obvious that Nick is a city kid. :yes:

Same buildings in Pictures 7 and 8.

Last edited:
I guess they don't have silos in the desert. :)
I think they do, but they're underground and as safe from tornadoes as they are from nuclear attacks! :)

In Chicago, we disguise THOSE kinds of silos as road salt storage! LOL!

FEMA got to Eagle Pass, TX just in the last few days. It got hit by a tornado about a week and a half ago.

Back