GREEN CARD HOLDER WITH A HISTORY IN VANDALISM

abcdefghijk2325

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
abcdefghijk2325
Hi all! I’m a permanent resident which means I applied to get cleared on the FTSP. I was also in the military but I got charged with an Article 15 while serving for vandalism (it is pretty stupid, me and some other guys scratched our names on a rock but we didn’t know we weren’t allowed as there were a lot of writings in it already. We got caught because we wrote our name unlike the others who just drew random things and words in there). Got honorable discharge when I left. But with all that, I got approved for my 2nd Class medical 2 weeks ago and I just submitted my fingerprints for the FTSP last Thursday. I just wanted to know if I’ll get cleared for training with the Vandalism or not? I have been looking through all the sites I can see regarding the felonies that’ll disqualify people but it’s mostly DUI’s and heavy types of felony but never seen someone in a situation like mine. Thank you all for the help, I just wanna be prepared to get approved or not.

(Will also start flight training at the end of May if everything goes well. I have all the financials and school part figured out, I just need to finish all these other process to officially start.)

Last edited:
Honorable! No problem. You’re golden.
I talked to a recruiter a month ago and when they checked for my fingerprints he said the charge for the vandalism came out from mines and the others’ records who got charged with it.

With an honorable, the non-judicial punishment (what an article 15 is) record is a non-issue. Ditto for LORs/LOAs. When they gave you an honorable discharge, they effectively took the teeth out the article 15 implications in civilian life. Press.

So? You earned an honorable. Take the win. Felons don’t get honorable discharges.

An article 15 is a military administrative process where the max punishment is limited to some combination of fines, temporary reduction in rank, & additional duty or restrictions (to barracks, to base, etc.)--like a traffic ticket or a charge for fighting, drunk or shoplifting.

An article 39 proceeding--a courts martial, otoh, is considered a felony charge. An article 39 results in prison time & a bad conduct discharge if found guilty.

btw, after your discharge, you can apply to have your article 15 expunged from your record. Usually it happens.

And stop writing on rocks! Especially in the Parks systems...and ESPECIALLY on top of hieroglyphics (like they did in 'my' park recently)

Back