Green Bay to OSH?

bflynn

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Brian Flynn
Consider the hypothetical situation -

A pilot is landing (flying commercial) in Green Bay at 2pm on Saturday before Oshkosh. He booked this before thinking about the fact that all the rental cars would be gone and all the shuttle buses might be full.

How does said sorry pilot get to Airventure from the Green Bay airport without a $200 cab ride?

Post on PoA and ask for a ride without trying to ask for a ride.

Do some quick networking on your flight up, somebody will be going. I'd say a 12 pack would be fair payment for such a ride, at least mid level IPA.

hold up a sign?

I'd take you if your sign said something like "Need ride to EAA, not a mooch, I will pay!", or something like that.

Play your cards right and maybe someone will drive up and pick you up??

Sorry, I won't be in position yet.

A pilot is landing (flying commercial) in Green Bay at 2pm on Saturday before Oshkosh. He booked this before thinking about the fact that all the rental cars would be gone and all the shuttle buses might be full.

How does said sorry pilot get to Airventure from the Green Bay airport without a $200 cab ride?

Try contacting the Green Bay EAA Chapter. Someone heading down on Saturday would probably be happy to give you a lift.

http://www.651.eaachapter.org/

https://www.facebook.com/EAA651

There are still cars available at GRB...they aren't cheap but they have some

Book a flight from Green Bay to Appleton, WI.

Disguise yourself as a large dog and place post on the pilots n paws site;)

Book a flight from Green Bay to Appleton, WI.

LOL you can almost walk from GB to Appleton. Another option, stay in GB and watch Packer practice, they'll be starting soon. I went on the stadium tour and Packer Hall of Fame years ago while on a long layover. Pretty cool, but then I've been a Packer fan since the Bart Starr/Jim Taylor days. I'm old. :D

Taxi from GRB to the greyhound bus terminal, bus to OSH. Looks like they have a bus leaving Green Bay at 3:20 tomorrow and the drop off point in Oshkosh is at Wittman field.

I figured out the issue with the car - I am trying to pick up somewhere and return to MDW for my return flight home on SWA. They won't book that car...except for National, who wants $2,300 for it. This used to work, but Avis isn't even considering making the reservation from anywhere except the Chicago area.

The silly pilot's answer is going to be to change his flight to fly into Chicago where he can get the car with chicago area pickup and dropoffs

I would consider a bus and then walking if it weren't for 60 lbs of luggage that I have to haul.

Next year...I want to waggle my wings...

There is an express driver that does GRB to OSH for ~$150. I used him today from MKE to OSH and it was $225, but that's a longer drive.

Getting to MDW is easy, cheap, and slow on the buses.

Walk over to one of the two FBOs at GRB after you land (JetAir Group and Exec Air). Everyone at both FBOs will be heading to Oshkosh. Have some cash to offer, including a little extra for the 60 lbs of luggage you have (why do you have 60 lbs of luggage?). I bet 10 minutes tops before you have a lift. Or call the folks at both FBOs and ask them which "annual Oshkosh regulars" are nice and would accommodate someone in your situation. Good folks at both FBOs - they will steer you toward someone.

Wife and I are flying into GRB tomorrow and have a rental car. We have a hotel in GRB as well so will be commuting it every day and leaving Thursday.

Back