Great Western Flyin Website updated

Time is getting closer... anyone else in? The airport hotel is booked, but my wife and I booked at a B&B nearby. We're getting in on Friday, staying at least through lunch on Sunday.

Jeff

Jeff Oslick said:
Time is getting closer... anyone else in? The airport hotel is booked, but my wife and I booked at a B&B nearby. We're getting in on Friday, staying at least through lunch on Sunday.

Jeff

Funny enough, I believe I got the last room at the Skyranch Lodge a few days ago (I'm a procrastinator).

Come on people - this is Sedona! Good times. And I'll be there! What else do you need?? :)

NickDBrennan said:
Funny enough, I believe I got the last room at the Skyranch Lodge a few days ago (I'm a procrastinator).

Come on people - this is Sedona! Good times. And I'll be there! What else do you need?? :)
We'll be there. But we are not staying at the Skyranch. We got a deal with one of the Best Western's in town too good to pass up. We are coming in Friday night. Is anyone else coming in on Fri?
Perhaps you could put a column in the attendees section for cell phone numbers. Also the AOPA board has more exposure so we should keep hitting it there. Can't wait.

Last edited:
jkaduk said:
We'll be there. But we are not staying at the Skyranch. We got a deal with one of the Best Western's in town too good to pass up.
Perhaps you could put a column in the attendees section for cell phone numbers. Also the AOPA board has more exposure so we should keep hitting it there. Can't wait.

Good idea. I'm off to the red board.

I will be arriving Friday as well. Not sure as to where were staying yet, everything looks booked. Found a few places available for one of the two nights but not both. I could always fly home and sleep too :)

Also, I was in the area last weekend and found out that Prescott Airport a short 15 minute flight from sedona for most of you, will be having a airshow on saturday. Might be something to look into.

Michael said:
Prescott Airport a short 15 minute flight from sedona for most of you, will be having a airshow on saturday. Might be something to look into.

Watch for TFR's if there are airborne exhibitions.

Michael said:
Also, I was in the area last weekend and found out that Prescott Airport a short 15 minute flight from sedona for most of you, will be having a airshow on saturday. Might be something to look into.

ooh, that might be really neat. I've never flown to an airshow before...

Michael said:
I will be arriving Friday as well. Not sure as to where were staying yet, everything looks booked. Found a few places available for one of the two nights but not both. I could always fly home and sleep too :)

Now wait a minute, Michael; aren't you supposed to go home at the end of the fly-in and leave your plane behind for a couple of weeks

SCCutler said:
Now wait a minute, Michael; aren't you supposed to go home at the end of the fly-in and leave your plane behind for a couple of weeks

Oh yea, silly me, I forgot my Flyin protocall.

Unfortunately, we have to bow-out. :(

My wife broke her ankle real bad (multiple fracture) last night playing softball, and isn't going to be in any shape for enjoying the trip by the 14th. We're both really bummed about missing this trip!

Jeff

Jeff Oslick said:
Unfortunately, we have to bow-out. :(

My wife broke her ankle real bad (multiple fracture) last night playing softball, and isn't going to be in any shape for enjoying the trip by the 14th. We're both really bummed about missing this trip!

Jeff
Sorry to hear that Jeff. What was she playing, WWE softball?

jkaduk said:
Sorry to hear that Jeff. What was she playing, WWE softball?

Isn't that all softball? I swear it's the most dangerous sport. My grad advisor did a similar job to his ankle playing softball, and I slashed my leg really bad sliding into second about 10 years ago. Freakin' crazy, I'm taking up something safe, like ice hockey...

Jeff Oslick said:
Isn't that all softball? I swear it's the most dangerous sport. My grad advisor did a similar job to his ankle playing softball, and I slashed my leg really bad sliding into second about 10 years ago. Freakin' crazy, I'm taking up something safe, like ice hockey...

Softball was the root of my back injury a few months back. Its better now, although after reinjuring it twice, I am really careful of it.

Softball should be outlawed. Why not, seatbelt laws exist! :p

NickDBrennan said:
Thanks to Michael Driggs for providing awesome content, I have updated www.ridetheskies.com

Check it out - and lets go to Sedona!

Nick, the forums link doesn't work. I looks like it doesn't resolve in DNS. Ridestheskies.com does not resolve but www.ridetheskies.com does. The forums link is trying to go to ridetheskies.com.

Jeannie

Last edited:
Maverick said:
Nick, the forums link doesn't work. I looks like it doesn't resolve in DNS.

Jeannie

Hmmm...I just tested it, it works from my work computer. How odd. I take it you get the standard "Page could not be displayed" error, or did you get another one?

NickDBrennan said:
Hmmm...I just tested it, it works from my work computer. How odd. I take it you get the standard "Page could not be displayed" error, or did you get another one?

I just editted my post ewith more info. See above. Using nslookup I found that ridetheskies.com does not resolve.

Maverick said:
I just editted my post ewith more info. See above. Using nslookup I found that ridetheskies.com does not resolve.

Well thats curious. I wonder if it might be a DNS issue on your end.

nslookup here shows

Server: DDCQIP01.broadband.att.com
Address: 147.191.82.230

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: www.ridetheskies.com
Address: 66.235.196.34

Also - double checked, and the forums link goes to "http://www.ridetheskies.com/phpbb2"

Same result from ridetheskies.com

I dunno what to do.

hmm....that is weird. I send the link to www.ridetheskies.com, but for some reason it changes to just ridetheskies.com as it loads. I must have something set weird in phpBB2. I'll have to check that. But either way, both should resolve.

I would love to go to Sedona. Unfortunately my travel schedule for work just won't permit it. Sigh.

Anthony said:
I would love to go to Sedona. Unfortunately my travel schedule for work just won't permit it. Sigh.

That bites, we'd sure love to have ya!

Maybe next year....GWFI pt 2?

OK - so my plan was to add a spot to put your phone number to the website so that we could all call each other if we needed to. Unfortunately, work has started to get more and more intense, and mandatory OT is hitting all time highs at work as well.

As such, I don't have the time to add it. I'm gonna start a thread on the forums at www.ridetheskies.com and I think we should all post our phone numbers there instead.

NickDBrennan said:
Well thats curious. I wonder if it might be a DNS issue on your end.

nslookup here shows

Server: DDCQIP01.broadband.att.com
Address: 147.191.82.230

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: www.ridetheskies.com
Address: 66.235.196.34

Also - double checked, and the forums link goes to "http://www.ridetheskies.com/phpbb2"

Same result from ridetheskies.com

I dunno what to do.

Well it resolves OK at work where we have SBC dedicated internet. You know, I have the crappy Comcast connection at home. That's probably the reason I can't get to that link from home. :)

Jeannie

Maverick said:
Well it resolves OK at work where we have SBC dedicated internet. You know, I have the crappy Comcast connection at home. That's probably the reason I can't get to that link from home. :)

Jeannie

LOL. I'm sorry.

*hangs head*

NickDBrennan said:
LOL. I'm sorry.

*hangs head*
Nick, I think you should give Jeannie the number to your private line. Then, when she reports back here saying, "@%**&!, I was on hold for 10 hours last night until THEY hung up on ME!", we can put a face with the name.

Richard said:
Nick, I think you should give Jeannie the number to your private line. Then, when she reports back here saying, "@%**&!, I was on hold for 10 hours last night until THEY hung up on ME!", we can put a face with the name.

Heh - good idea, but unfortunately, I work in the Albuquerque call center. I take the calls from sub in Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Farmington, Las Cruces and Tucson, AZ.

All offices are run independantly from other systems. I have to risk my job to even access accounts from other systems, as it requires a little bit more knowledge then we're supposed to have (and, incidentally, more knowledge than any of my supervisors have also).

I suck...what can I say? :)

NickDBrennan said:
Heh - good idea, but unfortunately, I work in the Albuquerque call center. I take the calls from sub in Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Farmington, Las Cruces and Tucson, AZ.

All offices are run independantly from other systems. I have to risk my job to even access accounts from other systems, as it requires a little bit more knowledge then we're supposed to have (and, incidentally, more knowledge than any of my supervisors have also).

I suck...what can I say? :)

Hey, I've been talking to a guy from Comcast's Ann Arbor call center here in Michigan and he has taken a real interest in getting my service fixed. He's been talking to the maintenance supervisors and staying on their butts about it. He and I have been talking now for about three weeks and I told him that I had service from WOW (Wide open West) installed on the 15th of September. I told him that I will have both services for a few weeks while I evaluate WOW's service then I will dump one of them. He's been working really hard to try to make sure it's WOW that I dump. He calls me from time to time to keep me informed and to get more input from me.

To be honest I would much rather stay with Comcast but only if they get my service to the point where it is stable.

Jeannie

Maverick said:
Hey, I've been talking to a guy from Comcast's Ann Arbor call center here in Michigan and he has taken a real interest in getting my service fixed. He's been talking to the maintenance supervisors and staying on their butts about it. He and I have been talking now for about three weeks and I told him that I had service from WOW (Wide open West) installed on the 15th of September. I told him that I will have both services for a few weeks while I evaluate WOW's service then I will dump one of them. He's been working really hard to try to make sure it's WOW that I dump. He calls me from time to time to keep me informed and to get more input from me.

To be honest I would much rather stay with Comcast but only if they get my service to the point where it is stable.

Jeannie

That's awesome. I'm glad to hear that someone has taken the initiative to get this done. You should PM me his name, and I'll make sure that if everything works out for you that he gets recognized.

jkaduk said:
This weekend.
Looks like 5 going. Anyone else?

Haven't heard of anyone else yet. We can take more tho! I'm actually getting quite excited. I am bringing my friend for his birthday (his first flight).

I second the previous msg: Anyone else?

I wont be flying :( dunno for sure if Im gonna make it now....

Back