Great tailwinds!

Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
Heading to Greenville from Addison, Mother Nature gave a great push! Recorded 328 knots on the Garmin straight and level! Sure made for a shorter trip.

Best,

Dave

Ugh.. I was fighting that wind today in a fishing tournament in central Georgia. Whitecaps on a 220 acre lake means lotsa wind!

Heading to Greenville from Addison, Mother Nature gave a great push! Recorded 328 knots on the Garmin straight and level! Sure made for a shorter trip.

Best,

Dave

Doesn't count unless you got a picture, which I hope you did, 'cuz that's awesome.

I do have pics, but can't post until I setback to Dallas tomorrow. Was trying 235; the rest was tailwind.

Dave

I had that same wind... the other direction. And saw 125 over the ground at my worst point.

You have all the luck, Dave. :)

Here's the 530 showing ground speed and TAS computation.

Dave

Attachments

• Picture 038.jpg
    Picture 038.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
  • Picture 039.jpg
    Picture 039.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
Dave:

You stink.

Yours very truly,

/s/ Spike

I concur with Spike.

But yesterday I saw 220 or so in cruise on the 310... I didn't feel too shabby about that. :)

I concur with Spike.

But yesterday I saw 220 or so in cruise on the 310... I didn't feel too shabby about that. :)

Oh yeah?

Well!

I... ummmm... didn't. :dunno:

Dave,

Send it in to groundspeedrecords.com - The highest they've got for a 58P is 265!

Well, not quite as good as Dave: checkout 32755 on flight aware. Bodacious tailwind even for a 40 minute 7000 msl flight, and no headwind on the return!

Back