Great Start to the Weekend!

dmccormack

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dan Mc
Took a family freind up for a flight this morning -- had to wait about 30 minutes for the last fog to lift. Didn't want to wait too long or heat would start building. Local vis was about 5 miles, no clouds.

Did a tour over Fayette County at low level. I knew Janet would be at Duda's Farm picking Strawberries, so we circled twice -- she waved and we could see her!

Nice 3 pt landing on the grass and 1.0 logged.

:D

Dear Dan,

You suck.

Signed,
Grounded for now Scott.

;)

Seriously sounds fun.

This weekend looks so up where I am at too that I wish I could fly. But with my gimpy leg I cannot operate the place safely and am thus grounded. I may be able to be back to flying next weekend and that will of course mean that the WX will have gone to crap with thunderstorms and such.

Dear Dan,

You suck.

Signed,
Grounded for now Scott.

;)

Seriously sounds fun.

This weekend looks so up where I am at too that I wish I could fly. But with my gimpy leg I cannot operate the place safely and am thus grounded. I may be able to be back to flying next weekend and that will of course mean that the WX will have gone to crap with thunderstorms and such.

Ugh -- sorry. :mad:

I just endured a week-long spring cold. HATED all the gorgeous VFR weather passing overhead!!

:mad:

Ugh -- sorry. :mad:

I just endured a week-long spring cold. HATED all the gorgeous VFR weather passing overhead!!

:mad:

My Spring Cold is going on nearly two months now with only 2 periods of 5 days or so being good. I've felt great, but it sucks having this much cold rain outside. It is hard to believe reports of the hottest Spring on record.

I'm hopeful to enjoy some of that nice flying weather soon too.

I'll second the you suck. Had a work friend in from the U.K and wanted to take him up this morning but nooooooooooooo 800' ceilings and never burned off and he flies back tonight. :mad3:

Took a family freind up for a flight this morning -- had to wait about 30 minutes for the last fog to lift. Didn't want to wait too long or heat would start building. Local vis was about 5 miles, no clouds.

Did a tour over Fayette County at low level. I knew Janet would be at Duda's Farm picking Strawberries, so we circled twice -- she waved and we could see her!

Nice 3 pt landing on the grass and 1.0 logged.

:D

You lucky dawg. We're "enduring" what amounts to one long, 72-hour day here on the island, which is about to sink beneath the weight of all these tourists...! :D

Next chance for us to fly will be Tuesday. We're hoping to FINALLY get over to Galveston to see the museum...

When I saw 'Fayette county' I though maybe you'd come to Iowa and I was gonna invite you to stop by. I got a bit over an hour in today; 1 simulated engine out, 5 T&Gs on grass and a final onto the concrete at home in just a touch of crosswind, so it was a good workout. Beautiful day to fly this morning but being NORDO we needed to get home before the skydivers really got going.

When I saw 'Fayette county' I though maybe you'd come to Iowa and I was gonna invite you to stop by. I got a bit over an hour in today; 1 simulated engine out, 5 T&Gs on grass and a final onto the concrete at home in just a touch of crosswind, so it was a good workout. Beautiful day to fly this morning but being NORDO we needed to get home before the skydivers really got going.

No -- Iowa would be a long haul from Fayette County Pennsylvania at 75 MPH! :eek:

Though I'd love to drop in sometime!

It was very hazy and foggy -- so I was working the carb heat every 10 minutes or so.

When I saw 'Fayette county' I though maybe you'd come to Iowa

Funny, I saw "Fayette county" and thought Kentucky. :yesnod:

BTW, where in Iowa are you based? I'm going to be flying the Citabria out of IA24 as much as I possibly can this summer. I'll probably head to DSM to meet up with Rick G if I get a chance, or maybe drop by your field at some point. :)

I was thinking of Fayette County, TX!

I had a great flight this weekend too - we took the museum's raffle plane up to Ranger, TX for a fly-in. Check out the trip report on the museum's blog complete with pics:

http://www.1940airterminal.org/blog/?p=430

I think that this one really represents what fly-ins are all about:

thumb_DSC09019.jpg

The weekend ended well for me too - I said goodbye to my 2002 Nissan XTerra and picked up a 2010 Nissan Altima! So far, I'm loving it!

4662753151_acdc9c7b9d.jpg

Goodbye, XTerra - you served me well!

4662753419_08e93ce46e.jpg

Hi-ho Silver!

4662753637_9262c6f089.jpg

4663374512_a6b4af07aa.jpg

4662754239_8781df9fb7.jpg

Last edited:
Funny, I saw "Fayette county" and thought Kentucky. :yesnod:

BTW, where in Iowa are you based? I'm going to be flying the Citabria out of IA24 as much as I possibly can this summer. I'll probably head to DSM to meet up with Rick G if I get a chance, or maybe drop by your field at some point. :)

I'm at VTI, just about halfway between ALO and CID. Any Aeronca descendant is always welcome!

Back