Great Price - Redundancy First - Garmin III Pilot GPS

vistanz

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Aaron S
There are still many G/A and even commercial aircraft that don't come standard with any sort of GPS unit. This is one of the best investments that I ever made, both from a technological standard, as well as a safety one.

I'm offering this powerful, lightweight, and capable device for only $189. Garmin no longer manufactures this model, nor anything else in the same price range that is geared towards aviation use. In order to get another unit that isn't mounted in your aircraft, you'll be looking at close to double the cost.

I not only have taken immaculate care of this unit, but I have each accessory (cables, chargers, case, etc.). In addition, I invested in the convenient Garmin brand weighted dashboard mount, to make using this GPS from aircraft to aircraft seamless, and this is included in the asking price.

Here is information from the official sites:

The GPS III Pilot takes its place among the world's best aviation handhelds. This 9-ounce wonder has the same pilot-friendly operations of the Garmin GPS 90 and the mapping details of Garmin's GPSMAP 195. Yet the extraordinary GPS III Pilot occupies a unique position — or, actually, two positions. The GPS III Pilot's two-way display can be used in a horizontal "heads-up" configuration atop the glare shield of any aircraft—or, with the push of a button, can be changed to a vertical display for use on the yoke or in the palm of your hand.
The GPS III Pilot's basemap with Jeppesen data shows airports, SUAs, cities, highways, railroads, rivers, and lakes with the kind of detail only available from a 4-level gray scale display. A 3D graphic turns your flightplan into a highway in the sky, and Garmin's proprietary 12 parallel channel receiver gives you fast satellite acquisition and stays locked on to provide the finest accuracy possible under the toughest conditions or maneuvers.The GPS III Pilot is easy to use in either the portrait or landscape mode, while fluid scrolling from the rocker keypad and dedicated function keys allow you to fly through its pilot-friendly operating software

I'm reducing the price on this one. Make me an offer, and have a remarkable GPS unit with accessories.

Ebay sellers are pricing this in the high $300-500 range. I've decided that I'll take this down to $150. That's almost $40 off of the original asking price. Plus it comes with acccessories that do not come standard with the unit itself.

Hello, I would like to ask how much did you get for it. I have exactly same unit and I'm thinking about selling it. Mine has additional cigarette lighter cord and RAM bracket with a suction cup. I was just wondering what I can get for mine. Thank you.

Hi if you still have the gps III pilot
what did you decide you wanted for it?
thanks
Gary Guinn
918-704-0277

Back