Great Lakes/Midwest Meet-Up

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Saturday October 25

Who's in? Ideas on where? KEYE? I think we tried there and got weathered out. Give it another go?

Depending on the time, maybe. I am on child-care duty this Saturday in the morning while my wife is off to her hair appointment. Nap time begins somewhere between 12:30 to 1:00, so I would have to plan around that.

This Saturday is the 18th. I'm talking 10 days from now.

I'm in, weather permitting. I was thinking about going to a big fly-in in Mississippi but that ain't gonna happen considering all the family activities I have going on this weekend.

I'll definitely need some flying by next weekend!

EYE is always a good choice in my opinion but I'm open as long as it's not too much farther.

Thanks, Ed... :thumbsup:

Let's see, KEYE is... 667 nm direct from KMPV, a little far for me now. Wish I was still in the area. Y'all have fun! :yes:

Busy that weekend. Might skip it. Need to prove I can show up to one of these without cutting someone off on final.

I thought we concluded that you didn't cut anyone off.

So we got what? 4 of us showing up?

I'm in. Checked the weather this morning and it looks like it will cooperate...still a long way out though. I'll ping Duncan. He's not here much anymore, went off and got married instead, but might want to join us.

Grant and Leslie should be game if they don't have a conflict.

LOL.

How about 1pm Eastern Time, which ends up being 17z?

That works too...we'll be behind the lunch rush that way and I can sleep in. I was trying to edge in before the lunch crowd with my proposed time. ;)

A morning person I am not. You'll never see me organize a fly in breakfast.

Welp, I'm more-than-likely out. Over the weekend it went from "nobody is scheduled to fly at all on the 25th" to "practically every plane is scheduled for multiple flights, all day."

The joys of renting...

Welp, I'm more-than-likely out. Over the weekend it went from "nobody is scheduled to fly at all on the 25th" to "practically every plane is scheduled for multiple flights, all day."

The joys of renting...

Reserve early, cancel late.

The joys of renting...

Sorry, I may not need 73B as long as I have it scheduled, I'll let you know if it changes

Reserve early, cancel late.

But if I reserved it earlier...

Sorry, I may not need 73B as long as I have it scheduled, I'll let you know if it changes

... how would VanDy have reserved it for his probably-more-legitimate use? :lol: Especially considering I had no idea what time the meetup was going to be.

I suppose if worse comes to worse, I could take 24E... did the radios ever get fixed / work worth a damn in her?

But if I reserved it earlier...

... how would VanDy have reserved it for his probably-more-legitimate use? :lol: Especially considering I had no idea what time the meetup was going to be.

I suppose if worse comes to worse, I could take 24E... did the radios ever get fixed / work worth a damn in her?

I'm not sure, but last time i flew it they worked, kinda. lol! Its a very legit use!

If anyone wants a ride the Free Bird is based at TZR. Weather permitting, as always. The Free Bird and its pilot are VFR only.

I am doubtful for Saturday. Not out of the question, but unlikely.

I'll be a tentative yes for attending, depending on a dog pickup that may be going down that day. I'm coming from KHTS.

I am supposed to do a Pilot and Paws trip this Saturday but it looks like its falling apart. If it does, I will be there.

I pinged both Duncan and Brock. Duncan's busy being married and Brock has two jugs pulled off of his 172.

Just chatting back and forth with the Uncle, and we're looking for a destination this Saturday so we could be in on this.

Has a definite location been pinned down?

Great, thanks!

50/50. I know we're going up for sure (wx permitting, of course), so if he hasn't planned another destination first, we'll probably be there. Maybe a stop at Grissom on the way down or back will be in order.

Odd...I missed this thread earlier. I had just sent TMyers a message, asking him what his plans were for Saturday.

Back