Great job by Chicago Approach

Class A airspace ends at FL 600, above that it's Class E.

When I worked at ZAU I once cleared a U-2 to FL 610, but he cancelled IFR leaving FL 600 and didn't stick around for advisories.

Mea culpa! FL600, not FL650. For some reason, I've never fixated on the difference! ;)

Kent, what I was trying to say is that bob works the higher altitudes for chi center not that there airspace starts at a certain height.

Anyways I am sitting here with bob right now, he tells me that if Dave was up above 15k he was indeed talking to chi center. It is also very likely that he was talking to apache bob as he was working that sector on that day.

Well, now we know who screwed up and said "Approach." :rofl:

One of the controllers on AvSig suggested I pass my comments on to the quality control person for Chicago Center and that she could see where I was and when and find out who handled me so they could see my comments expressing my appreciation. Just did that.

Best,

Dave
OMG, I'm cracking up! :D. Center are the GOOD guys! :yes:

Mea culpa! FL600, not FL650. For some reason, I've never fixated on the difference! ;)

I still want a piston-powered aircraft that can go to FL700. Just because. :)

Yes, I'm fully aware of the ridiculous engineering requirements and why it makes no sense whatsoever.

Back