Great Googamooga!

W.O'Boogie

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
W. O'Boogie
Alon,

I have been thinking....maybe that brist thing isn't so bad. Where do I sign up?

SFW!!! http://israelmilitary.net/showthread.php?t=13

Just wondering if I would be Private O'Boogie or Lieutenant O'Boogie. Unless they want to give me my old rank back....

Winston
US Veteran of numerous conflicts/wars/skirmishes and bar fights:D

Last edited:
W.O'Boogie said:
Alon,

I have been thinking....maybe that brist thing isn't so bad. Where do I sign up?

SFW!!! http://israelmilitary.net/showthread.php?t=13

Just wondering if I would be Private O'Boogie or Lieutenant O'Boogie. Unless they want to give me my old rank back....

Winston
US Veteran of numerous conflicts/wars/skirmishes and bar fights:D

It seems like those soldiers are over dressed,
you know, with the heat and all.

Ok..is it me (and I'm sure it is) or do all those women look like they are about 13?!! Not old enough to be driving a car, let alone serving in the military. But then again, I passed a cop on a traffic stop the other day that I swear he wasn't over 13-15 either.. I guess I'M just getting old. :dunno:

ausrere said:
Ok..is it me (and I'm sure it is) or do all those women look like they are about 13?!! Not old enough to be driving a car, let alone serving in the military. But then again, I passed a cop on a traffic stop the other day that I swear he wasn't over 13-15 either.. I guess I'M just getting old. :dunno:
Most of them look between 18 to 21.

Although sometimes it can be *really* hard to tell the age.

ausrere said:

NO ma'am, you are getting better. :D

I am not sure, but I think they have to be 18 to join; Alon would be able to speak to that.

And by the way, what you describe is a common problem with those of us who have gained a little experience and lived to tell about it. Those 13 year old cops really bother me. I mean, they are driving illegally. Shouldn't their 15 year old desk sgt. give them a ticket or something?:yes:

How far of a flight is it to Israel.....

That is enough incentive for me to join the IDF. Do you have to be a citizen? :D

All Men and Women are drafted at the age of 18 (except ultra-orthodox Jews and Arabs).
The men and women serve 3 years and 2 years respectively.
The men (and women serving in combat units) serve until the age of 42 in reserve units - those units can perform up to 45 days a year of active duty (60 days for air crews).

Since 1994, women can serve in certain combat units and some have graduated from the airforce academy, now serving as combat pilots and RIO's.
Tank units, submarines, Commandos, paratroops and mechanized infantry are not an option for women in the IDF.

You must become an Israeli citizen in order to serve in the IDF (the Brist is optional...)

Armageddon Aviator said:
You must become an Israeli citizen in order to serve in the IDF (the Brist is optional...)

Oy Vey! *WHEW*:D

that would explain why the fighting is intensified every 28 days or so.

Michael said:
that would explain why the fighting is intensified every 28 days or so.

ooooh, you are evil. Just for that you will be classified 4F - unfit for service.:yes:

Alon - There are many colors of berets. Could you explain the significance? Also, I imagine the white uniforms are Navy. Kakhi tan AF? Green Army? Trying to decide where I would fit in best.....

Armageddon Aviator said:
All Men and Women are drafted at the age of 18 (except ultra-orthodox Jews and Arabs).
The men and women serve 3 years and 2 years respectively.
The men (and women serving in combat units) serve until the age of 42 in reserve units - those units can perform up to 45 days a year of active duty (60 days for air crews).

Since 1994, women can serve in certain combat units and some have graduated from the airforce academy, now serving as combat pilots and RIO's.
Tank units, submarines, Commandos, paratroops and mechanized infantry are not an option for women in the IDF.

Alon you forgot to tell Winston about the Sabras and what they are. Tough and prickly outside but sweet on the inside. Over the years I have met many of these beautuful women who served the IDF they are georgous and sweet but and Alon I trust you will back me up on this they could break you skull between their hands tough girls. Jesse may want to rethink his "Hmmmmm" LOL

Some women are indeed trained as combat soldiers - tough cookies...

The navy's uniforms are light tan, white uniforms are used only on special occasions (The officers and NCO's uniforms are composed of a white shirt and blue trousers).

The airforce uniforms are also light tan except for NCO's and officers who wear light blue shirts and dark blue trousers.

All other branches wear olive green uniforms (NCO's and officers wear a light green shirt and dark green trousers)

As for the berets - it's a bit more complicated...

1. Paratroopers = red
2. Artillery and Armoured Corps = black
3. Home Defense = orange
4. Givati Brigade (infantry) = purple
5. Golani Brigade (infantry) = brown
6. Nahal Brigade (infantry) = light green
7. Navy = dark blue
8. Air Force = grey blue
9. Intelligence = dark green
10. Military police = petrol blue

AdamZ said:
Alon you forgot to tell Winston about the Sabras and what they are. Tough and prickly outside but sweet on the inside. Over the years I have met many of these beautuful women who served the IDF they are georgous and sweet but and Alon I trust you will back me up on this they could break you skull between their hands tough girls. Jesse may want to rethink his "Hmmmmm" LOL
Adam, I'll back you up. I've met all of three women who served in the IDF. All three are drop dead gorgeous and very enchanting to talk to. But when the conversation turned to how fast they could field strip rifles, etc and how they are masters of hand to hand, I could not run fast enough to clear the area. I believe every word they said.

One is still a very good friend, but I watch my step around her.:yes: Straight talker AND gorgeous.....hmmmmm.

AdamZ said:
they could break you skull between their hands tough girls. Jesse may want to rethink his "Hmmmmm" LOL

I decided at one point that I probably don't want to get my ass kicked by a girl so my policy is just to not **** them off in the first place.

jangell said:
I decided at one point that I probably don't want to get my ass kicked by a girl so my policy is just to not **** them off in the first place.

I've tried to keep in at least good enough shape to outrun most women. Now all I have to do is find some that are willing to chase me. :rolleyes:

Several of the IDF "ladies" would be worthy of some "maneuvers". :yes:

Back