Great dining north of Boston?

askulte

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Airmet Sierra
We're visiting my 9 year old triplet nephews on Saturday (Stoneham, north of Boston, we'll probably fly in to Beverly, KBVY), and promised them a flight. On the way up Saturday morning, my wife and I were hoping to find a great restaurant for breakfast. Any places you guys would suggest?

This will be my first time filing IFR, just for the experience. Have to use that new rating! :)

Replying to my own post - we went to 7B3 (Hampton), great little (2300', but tall trees either end) grass strip, and the breakfast at the Airfield Café (http://www.theairfieldcafe.com/) was amazing. I had apple crepes, and my wife had gluten free French toast.

Took the nephews flying for the first time too! Even though we couldn't find their house in the north side of the Boston Class Bravo, the controllers were great with flight following, and letting us do airwork in the Bravo. Kids got a blast when we did the "roller coaster ride" over the Atlantic on the way back. Don't often get to do that with passengers!

Well, I admit I didn't reply (until now) because I usually don't use "great dining" and "breakfast" in the same sentence... if you know what I mean. :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the trip.

Lot's of places to go just depends on how far your willing to travel :)

Vineyard and Nantucket both have excellent places right at the airport
Block island is hit or miss
Gabreski, West Hampton Beach, NY is one of my fav's
Southbridge, MA is another good place.

I have an excel spreadsheet that is full of all the local places. Shoot me your email address and I'll pass it on to you. Pretty extensive!

Last edited:
Back