Great Deal on a Discovery Flight in Houston

t0r0nad0

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
PJ Gustafson
$54 for a 45-min Discovery Flight, available for 68 more hours only! This is out of "The Flight School" at Weiser (KEYQ). They came down to the museum for our National Learn to Fly Day presentation in May, and I've been by there once or twice since then. Their fleet of planes is nice, and their instructors and staff seem like really nice people too. Check it out!
https://livingsocial.com/deals/9756?ref=personalized-link-box-1721179&rpi=1721179

Wow, sounds like a real loss leader. Cheapest I've been able to do is about $75 for 30 min. in the Cub plus ground time on a discovery flight without losing money. We're doing $20 "hops" tomorrow at 53T but they won't be much more than big patterns.
I checked into Living Social and Groupon a few months back and they wanted about half of whatever I was going to charge for the flight - and that can really hurt!

Ryan

Last edited:
Weiser....if memory serves correct, they have a pretty decent BBQ joint there don't they? I recall stopping there for lunch after going to get his 206 somewhere in Houston.

Weiser....if memory serves correct, they have a pretty decent BBQ joint there don't they? I recall stopping there for lunch after going to get his 206 somewhere in Houston.

Yea, it's pretty good. It's nice to have real food that close, you don't even have to get on the interstate.

Back