Great day to fly

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
Had a nice flight with my brother who is visiting from Dallas. Flight from KFDK to KESN and back. Lucky for me, finished with a nice landing. It was kinda bumpy today, but below 1000 feet, it was more of constant wind with not so much in the way of gusts. Best part? My brother got really turned on to flying!

Attachments

• Landing FDK.MOV
    3.8 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Does AOPA still do Project Pilot? You could get him a kit of info and a Discovery Flight...

Does AOPA still do Project Pilot? You could get him a kit of info and a Discovery Flight...

I don't know. I should look into that. I can tell you that the last time we flew, it was in a beat-up Cessna 172, and this time was in a new G1000. He couldn't believe it was the same type of aircraft!

Nice landing. I was up at the practice area near FDK this morning. Beautiful day for it!

Nice landing. I was up at the practice area near FDK this morning. Beautiful day for it!

Yes! Yesterday was beautiful, but there was moderate turbulence, especially at 5-7k (right where ATC had us most of the time).

Today was so clear I could see Buffalo, Niagara Falls, Rochester, Hamilton, and Toronto all at the same time.

Back