Great BBQ place found in STL area

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
My wife and I flew commercially to visit my daughter in STL. Yesterday while we were waiting for the hotel to have our room ready, we discovered Sugarfire which serves BBQ. It was outstanding. Wish they had one in Chicago.

http://www.sugarfiresmokehouse.com

I'll have to check that out!

Sometime when you're in town go down to Grand Street, go South off of I-44, the restaurant district is about a 1/2 mile down the road just south of Tower Grove Park. Many wonderful and unique restaurants. Just about every ethnicity imaginable. The Ethiopian restaurant is one of our favorites...but we have many on that street! A wonderfully diverse area.

Tim, checked that area out last sept when I flew to STL downtown. Loved the Restaraunt daughter took me to.

Last edited:
I'll be driving through St. Louis later this week. I already thought I had a BBQ place picked out to go to, but I may have to reconsider.

BBQ place at Gravois and Heege is one of the best in town. There is also Phil's out around 9201 Gravois that has been a local favorite for longer than I've been alive, come to think of it, the paint job in the bathroom is older than me too... :rofl:

I'm not familiar with any BBQ joints around St Louis, but there is a chain called Bandana's around there that I don't mind.

Back