Gravel bar landings -why?

Glider - why? I know a lot of people enjoy them, but in my two flights I found it to be a lot of work and having to have a crew on standby to launch me and come pick me up if I don't make it back, well, it wasn't for me.

Motorglider. Fixes that problem. :)

Paved runways........ why?

I mean the only thing I get at paved runways besides a lot of people are indoor outhouses.... and what fun is that..??:lol::lol:

Paved runways........ why?

I mean the only thing I get at paved runways besides a lot of people are indoor outhouses.... and what fun is that..??:lol::lol:
They also have gas at paved runways. That's usually a good thing.

Isn't that what landing on the highway and pulling up to the gas station pumps is for? :)
Maybe so...I need the 100 octane so can't use the roadside guys.

That said I have been to paved strips that have no gas. They were in New Mexico though so that may be telling. I mean even a paved strip in Wyoming has gas...

Maybe so...I need the 100 octane so can't use the roadside guys.

That said I have been to paved strips that have no gas. They were in New Mexico though so that may be telling. I mean even a paved strip in Wyoming has gas...

No gas at my paved field.

No gas at my paved field.
I have been to your paved field. Lots of mosquitoes.

When I left it was max RPM over town in the pre-dawn light. It had nothing to do with the fact that no one would give me a ride out to the airstrip. Honestly....

You ain't wrong about that. It's right next to a mostly stagnant old irrigation channel, in a low spot, in a river valley. Skeeter heaven!
I was trying to get to Guthrie (sorta) and there was a stationary (mostly) front from Mexico to Canada. Things didn't really work out so well. I ended up cranking it up to 14.5K and going over the top the next day. Lots of stories from that one.

I have been to your paved field. Lots of mosquitoes.

When I left it was max RPM over town in the pre-dawn light. It had nothing to do with the fact that no one would give me a ride out to the airstrip. Honestly....

If only we had known each other then. I live about 100 yards from the roach motel you stayed in. That's a sorry place to have to sleep. I don't suppose you contracted and lasting diseases? There's now a brand new Best Western about a quarter mile from the airport if you ever find yourself ditching in Lindsay again. Of course you are always welcome at my house.

If only we had known each other then. I live about 100 yards from the roach motel you stayed in. That's a sorry place to have to sleep. I don't suppose you contracted and lasting diseases? There's now a brand new Best Western about a quarter mile from the airport if you ever find yourself ditching in Lindsay again. Of course you are always welcome at my house.
I have several chronic diseases. Can't attribute any of them to Lindsay. A Best Western a quarter mile from the airport? That would have been okay.

Plenty of paved strips without gas in New Mexico and the southwest. Most of the rural paved strips I go to don't even have a FBO..!!!

One of the most loneliest strips I go to is Shiprock. Everything has been stolen, like the generator, the building holding the generator, the foundation that held the building, the fence, the rotating beacon, the runway lights and taxiway lights, the stripes off the runway and the copper out of the power lines.

It is soooo quiet there, more so than some places I have been in Alaska.

Plenty of paved strips without gas in New Mexico and the southwest. Most of the rural paved strips I go to don't even have a FBO..!!!

One of the most loneliest strips I go to is Shiprock. Everything has been stolen, like the generator, the building holding the generator, the foundation that held the building, the fence, the rotating beacon, the runway lights and taxiway lights, the stripes off the runway and the copper out of the power lines.

It is soooo quiet there, more so than some places I have been in Alaska.

That's eerie. Now I want to go there. I'm weird like that. Ghost towns are cool.

Back