Graphical Area Forecast

JoeInCT

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Joseph Szarmach Jr.
I'm liking the new aviationweather.gov with one exception. I used to be able to get the "graphical area forecast" (GFA) and now I can't find it. I believe it was the only weather product that would give you the forecast bottom of the clouds AND the tops. It used to give me the numbers repeated over and over on the map (tops and bottom). It had a slider to show the forecast tops and bottoms over time.

I can't seem to find this product any longer. Any idea where to get the equivalent of the old GFA WITH numbers for forecast cloud tops and bottoms over a wide area?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

I believe this is the revised graphical forecast version. In the dropdown menu under weather, there are choices (forecasts) for each type of weather of interest. I'm starting to get used to the updated site as well.

1704724025504.png

That's where I go. But no numbers.

It magically started working today at some point after I posted this. I swear I looked for weeks for it. Thank you National Weather Service!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240108_182013_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240108_182013_Chrome.jpg
    530.4 KB · Views: 6
Still functional a day later. Safe to say that it is fixed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240109_073313_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240109_073313_Chrome.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
I tried over many weeks. I use an android tablet with Chrome. Perhaps they needed to tweak something. My favorite weather product to help decide on going on top or not.

Back