Grandson's first flight (5 yo)

Love it! Glad you had an enjoyable flight! :D

Looks like he enjoyed himself. Too bad those Cherokee panels are so big. I like to take kids up in 172s or especially 177s due to much smaller panels. If I were smaller, 152s (but I can't sit straight in one).

Awesome! I don't even remember my first flight, I just remember I was one month old in a club C-172 flying up to NJ.

Took my 5 year old last year in a C152. He loved it. Flew over his house, school that he attends now, and the ball fields where he played baseball. Let him have the controls, had him make some turns. A lot of fun.

That's great! Thanks for sharing. I took my 5yr old up a few weeks ago for the first time. He can't get enough. We went up again this last Saturday. My 9 yr old loves it as well and has been joining me for a few years now.

My first flight was when I was 5. It was in a J-3 and I sat in front, of course. I couldn't see over the panel, but I could see out the door! I got to hold the stick and "fly" for a minute, and the memory is just as vivid now as it was after we landed. Taking your grandson flying will likely (hopefully!) have positive long term effects on his future!

7002B541-D3F2-41F3-A9A5-7EE08D4C6774.jpg

My 4 year old enjoyed his first flight. "Best day ever!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back