Grand Junction, CO Airshow - Blue Angels - Sept 21, 22, 23 2012

The announcer at the Reno Air Races told us that some of the Patriots are ex-Blues.

I still haven't seen a full blues show (with announcer). Last year at fleet week Fat Albert came out and then the blues did a diamond and went "home" due to fog since the weather canceled them. Before that, as a kid in SF, I would hear them practice over downtown and look up and maybe catch a glimpse. But a full blues show? Never. Seen the Patriots now. The Snowbirds. The Raptor Demo Team. No Thunderbirds. I think we saw Tucker (Oracle?), a 747, and an Osprey.

The announcer at the Reno Air Races told us that some of the Patriots are ex-Blues.

I still haven't seen a full blues show (with announcer). Last year at fleet week Fat Albert came out and then the blues did a diamond and went "home" due to fog since the weather canceled them. Before that, as a kid in SF, I would hear them practice over downtown and look up and maybe catch a glimpse. But a full blues show? Never. Seen the Patriots now. The Snowbirds. The Raptor Demo Team. No Thunderbirds. I think we saw Tucker (Oracle?), a 747, and an Osprey.

Never seen the Blues! Awe you gotta fix that. You have them at SF and SD next month. Good excuse to take a road trip. Thunderbirds are OK too but I think the Blues are a little more dynamic and it seems they're closer to the crowd on most passes. The Patriots have former Thunderbird guys as well. Only seen them once though. We have the Snowbirds out here this weekend but unfortunately I have to work. :(

Never seen the Blues! Awe you gotta fix that. You have them at SF and SD next month. Good excuse to take a road trip. Thunderbirds are OK too but I think the Blues are a little more dynamic and it seems they're closer to the crowd on most passes. The Patriots have former Thunderbird guys as well. Only seen them once though. We have the Snowbirds out here this weekend but unfortunately I have to work. :(

The boys are busy with goose season and most likely won't be headed out via boat like we did last year. I am not going to Fleet Week alone, too crowded, so not sure what I will do. Since I don't have a member number or a uniform I doubt my name to volunteer for fleet week for the Coast Guard will be taken seriously (I think they need crowd control or something).

Oh well. I will look into tickets (boats) because now that I've seen the show via boat I do not want to view it on land ever again. The planes fly over a "box" on the water that the Coast Guard keeps clear, so the best "seats in the house" are actually on the decks of boats.

Back