GPS175 and KMD550

TBalch

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
TBalch
I had a GPS175 installed in my 182, and I’m loving it.

One quirky problem persists. A good portion of the time, the airplane icon on the KMD550 is oriented about 60 degrees left of the actual direction the aircraft is tracking. Most of the time, it is oriented correctly.

Direction of travel, phase of flight (enroute, approach, etc.) auto-zoom enabled or not - none of these seem to matter.

I’d like to know if anyone on the Forum that has this combination of instruments has also encountered this and how did they resolved it. Hint: “buy a new MFD” is not an acceptable response.

Thanks.

I had a GPS175 installed in my 182, and I’m loving it.

One quirky problem persists. A good portion of the time, the airplane icon on the KMD550 is oriented about 60 degrees left of the actual direction the aircraft is tracking. Most of the time, it is oriented correctly.

Direction of travel, phase of flight (enroute, approach, etc.) auto-zoom enabled or not - none of these seem to matter.

I’d like to know if anyone on the Forum that has this combination of instruments has also encountered this and how did they resolved it. Hint: “buy a new MFD” is not an acceptable response.

Thanks.
Steal a new MFD?

how are they hooked up? Do they each have gps antennae, or is one feeding the other?

The 175 sends data to the 550, like my old KLN94 did, but through an adapter.

And that is the extent of my knowledge on that subject.

Back