GPS uncoupled and I survived!

flhrci

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
David
I flew today and the GPS would not couple to the #1 OBS.

I had to hand fly the plane without Auto in NAV mode and I survived! At times I did use Auto in HDG mode though.

There is apparently a bad switch or wire in the annunciator panel as the switch did not work except for a couple brief switches to GPS mode in flight.

Just want everyone to know that it can still be done.

LOL

David

That's great. However the bad news is that you are over qualified to fly for Air France.

I'm not so sure. the 737-800 are being taught "fly the system" which is new to SWA. As opposed to "fly the plane".....

I flew today and the GPS would not couple to the #1 OBS.

I had to hand fly the plane without Auto in NAV mode and I survived! At times I did use Auto in HDG mode though.

There is apparently a bad switch or wire in the annunciator panel as the switch did not work except for a couple brief switches to GPS mode in flight.

Just want everyone to know that it can still be done.

LOL

David

Are you sure David? Is it possible that you didn't make it and you are condemned to all eternity to post on this board? You just don't know it ;)

Mine's uncoupled all the time. I must be crazy to fly such a bird. :yes::yikes:

3 of the 4 planes in the club are so uncoupled that they don't have a GPS in the panel that you could couple to the OBS. :D And I've survived them all. :D:D

Geez, what a boring thread....

(no disrespect intended to the OP)

Back