Jeanie

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jeanie
It says: ARINC 429 Data Fail
No RS 232 Data

Anybody know what that's about before I call Bendix/King - it's on a KLN 90

RS232/Arinc429 is a data protocol used for getting data in and out of the GPS. It may be anything from a baro encoder to a GPSS unit.

I will occasionally get that kind of message on my Garmin 430 if my fuel-flow totalizer is turned off (it's configured through the same switch as some other avionics). But the same can happen with an encoder.

Possibly a loose connector, or possibly as simple as some other electronics turned off/fuse blown.

Well, I don't think that it is sync'd with any other instruments in the panel so perhaps it's noticing that there is a missing connection that it would normally expect.
I'll look up "error msgs" in the How To book and see what I can figure out. It doesn't seem to make any difference in how it works so that's the important part right now.
Thanks.

Well, I don't think that it is sync'd with any other instruments in the panel so perhaps it's noticing that there is a missing connection that it would normally expect.
I'll look up "error msgs" in the How To book and see what I can figure out. It doesn't seem to make any difference in how it works so that's the important part right now.
Thanks.

Is it IFR approved? If so, it's probably tied into an altitude encoder. A problem in that connection is enough....

Back