Gotta brag about my Cherokee 6

How do you know the construction on an RV is solid @Unit74 ?

Honest question. I’m not handy. I take some (maybe misplaced) comfort in the construction on a certified plane.

I know you get much more bang for the buck in an experimental, but how do you get comfort the build was quality if you don’t do it yourself (which isn’t my thing).

I call mine a Chevy Suburban. Not seriously sexxxxy, but really useful! I'm glad you're getting the use out of yours, too!!

I disagree on the Six not being sexy. They are very good looking airplanes. I like speed, so I'd never get a fixed gear Six, but a Saratoga is one of the airplanes I'd seriously consider owning.

I have the same issue.... maybe 6 trips a year with everyone. Otherwise it’s just me. Hard to justify flying empty, but I own it now so.... if I had a do over, idprob buy a RV9 or Sea Rey

Yup, I'm kinda glad dodged that bullet earlier this year. Currently looking at bottom end RV-6As. I'm keeping the Arrow though.

I suspect that is not by choice?

Well that depends on what we mean by choice. Nobody's holding a gun to my head to own any airplane, so by that metric it is a choice indeed. And it certainly it isn't economic duress, as I don't have a loan against it or the like. I also don't mind to sell at a loss, as I've always sold at a loss. So that's not the issue either.

My issue is that even though I did realize my family sortie count became progressively less and less frequent as a percentage of the total number of sorties (weekend local flights mainly to keep the engine from pitting), I still have a legitimate need for a a 3rd seat and 1000# useful.

But yes, if there was an EAB, aerobatic, 1000# useful, Arrow equivalent performance airplane out there for Lance or less money, I'd certainly be chucking the Arrow right yesterday. In that regard, sure I could say it's not "by choice" I'm staying trapped in certified hell. I can tell you there will continue to be zero capital investments in avionics or electronics of any kind, with the exception of LED lighting now that the skybeacon will be part of the nav light circuit. With everything on at night, I can't cycle the gear without tripping the alternator on account of amps. Those incandescents are power hogs, so they're coming off when the skybeacon comes on.

I flew all the PA-32s in a 135 operation in Alaska. The Six-300 is by far the best of them all. The T-Tail Lance made takeoffs from unimproved strips "interesting."

Seven humans and heavy tools in the forward baggage compartment made landings an abbreviated affair. Amazing capability as an air ambulance also!

This deserved a repost (from another thread):
E80C9C8D-F256-4174-AFE2-7EBF9CED0704.jpeg

I don’t know my Pipers, but if I had a 6, this would put it over the top...

Back