Got technology?

LDJones

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Jonesy
From my flight yesterday...couldn't resist playing a bit. Link to the blog post on it included below:

Got_Technology_IMG_0396R_LgWeb.jpg

http://www.mnaviationpro.com/2013/06/03/got-technology/

Hmm... I'm smelling a contest brewing...

If you just had WingX, you could cut out all that other stuff! ;)

Seriously, I think you have almost all of the bases covered. :D

Wow, more displays than the Nebuchadnezzar. Did you eat the red pill?

Do you need a wheelbarrow to cart all that gear to and from the plane? Or is that what the co-pilot is for?

Back before I had a Nexux 7, I had an in flight electrical failure one day and I used my Garmin Nuvi 260 (from my car) to navigate home. Configured it for pedestrian mode, shortest route and put in the airport. Took me where I needed to go. That's the only backup tech I carry. OH, and a 50 year old Boy Scout compass.

Let me guess, no fire extinguisher to put out a fire caused by the Chinese batteries in all gismos?

How badly did you get lost? :D

This was triggered by a request from ATC to report 100 nm from my destination and I had waypoints programmed in the 430 and iPad. So I grabbed the Nexus (my backup) and did a Direct To for the mileage. Since my phone was still there, I fired it up, too. Hence, the photo.

Well, except the most important technology -- the window (and the pilot's brain).

And crosswind landings look a little difficult with that setup....

Windows worked fine. Pilot's brain...so, so. No crosswind....that day.

Ha! No, it still had Gatorade in it...but I do fly with Gatorade because of their bottles!!

Gatorade, Powerade, Dr. Pepper... with practice you can make about anything work.

The most awesome thing in that panel is the little clip thing. Why didn't I think of that?

You have a 430 and a MX20 PLUS a HSI, damn thats a solid set up right there! What do you need all those consumer electronic for??

I can see having a handheld GPS and radio in your flight bag in the back for electrical demons, but MAN lol

You have a 430 and a MX20 PLUS a HSI, damn thats a solid set up right there! What do you need all those consumer electronic for??

I can see having a handheld GPS and radio in your flight bag in the back for electrical demons, but MAN lol

Actually, if you notice the HSI flagged on me during the second leg and never came back! Hence the little pseudo-HSI on my phone!

All you need is a cup holder and you're done ;)

I am trying to figure out what the paper clip mounted starboard of the gear lever is for?

It's to hold whatever you feel the need to clip into it! The owner has several of those mounted around the panel.

Hey LD, did you know all those electrons flying around will make you sterile?

Heresy! That can't be done! :no: :D

No, SI1094 clearly states that running LOP is possible, but if you do it outside of a test cell causes impotence and male pattern baldness.

Hmm...

Upon looking in a mirror, I see I have long hair. And I look over and see my 8 month old baby.

Maybe that SI needs updating. :D

This was triggered by a request from ATC to report 100 nm from my destination and I had waypoints programmed in the 430 and iPad. So I grabbed the Nexus (my backup) and did a Direct To for the mileage. Since my phone was still there, I fired it up, too. Hence, the photo.

How about the ruler function in FF?

How about the ruler function in FF?

Two quibbles with that:

1) They've implemented it poorly, so my finger almost always cover the end points. I recently suggested they need to extend the perpendicular end points to make it more useable.

2) It's not persistent...so it disappears the next time you touch your screen.

Actually, the bigger reason was precision. I wanted to note the countdown to 100 rather than to constantly be measuring.

Back