Got started 3 years ago today.

ScottK

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
ScottK
I was looking at my logbook yesterday and realized that I had my discovery flight on 10/10/10.

114 hours later, I've joined a flight club, I'm working on my x-c time and the written for my instrument rating and generally having a blast learning as I go. I've been using the x-c time to see all the qualifying (50nm) airports locally that I didn't see during training. It's been a lot of fun and I've seen some really cool things.

The other nice thing is that a lot of the guys I've met at the flight school while hanging out are getting through the checkride. Now, we have a lot more people to fly with.

It's been a blast so far and I'm so happy I made the decision to do it. The money is always an issue, but what the hell...you can't take it with you.

Scott

Congrats. Try to sneak in some 500 nm and greater x-c flights, too. When you start crossing weather systems is when it really exercises your flight planning and decision-making skills.

I was looking at my logbook yesterday and realized that I had my discovery flight on 10/10/10.

Your post reminded me that I passed my private checkride this date <mumble> years ago. :)

Very cool Scott! I took my discovery flight last summer and started training. Weather and money kept me from flying from December until June, and now I'm practicing for my checkride. It's good to get to know forum members that are also local pilots - I'm hoping to run into you and other forum members (figuratively, not on the taxiway or in the air), in the near future. Just like the old Harley forum that I've been on for years, it's always great to put a face and a handshake to an online persona.

Back