Got my written tomorrow - advice?

Take it, pass it, forget it. It's mostly a FAA full employment hoop. If they dopped it altogether, just did the oral and checkride, it woudn't make an ounce if diffrence.

I am guessing it sets a precedent for the later ratings? I've heard that the instrument and commercial written tests are bears.

I am guessing it sets a precedent for the later ratings? I've heard that the instrument and commercial written tests are bears.
Instrument, not too bad. Just a new set of more information, often a bit more detailed.

But if you focus on gaining the knowledge versus memorizing the test Q and A, the written can be a baby bear.

Not to be a wet blanket but the topic of the answers you miss will come up again when you have your oral.

You'll be fine.

Good idea to study the ones you get wrong. And whatever you do, don't be like an idiot I know (that would be me...)

"So I see you got a question wrong about weather forecasts, you remember what it was?"
And this idiot said "Yes, of course I do, it was about SIGMET validity period"
"..so. How long is a SIGMET valid for?"
"errrrrrr... I don't remember".

Dumbass.

Good idea to study the ones you get wrong. And whatever you do, don't be like an idiot I know (that would be me...)

"So I see you got a question wrong about weather forecasts, you remember what it was?"

Dumbass.

HA would probably do that! But it turned out ok right?

Dumbass.
And an example of a nearly useless commitment of time, attention, and brain cells, to memorize a chunk of trivia.

And an example of a nearly useless commitment of time, attention, and brain cells, to memorize a chunk of trivia.

Oh, totally. Couldn't agree more. That's why my DPE kinda laughed it off.
I had a great DPE.

Back