Got my new panel in

58_Super_Cub

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
John
spec47864_12.jpg
I got my plane back from the shop on Friday.The forgot my 12v power plug and my auido imput. I will have to take it back to them and wait. I am still happy with the job. I will try to post a before and after pic.

After is below.
John
HPIM1699.jpg

Nice and clean. You'll really like the 396. Do you have XM weather service? While doing my IR training, we did a full GPS approach with the 396 alone (no AI, Turn Coord, etc.). Definitely not legal, but it's good to know it's there as an option in a pinch!

I got my plane back from the shop on Friday.The forgot my 12v power plug and my auido imput. I will have to take it back to them and wait. I am still happy with the job. I will try to post a before and after pic.

After is below.
John

Looks nice.

I think that's a modern panel that keeps the spirit of the Cub -- well done! And what shop did the work? You certainly seem proud of it, and good shops deserve publicity.

I think that's a modern panel that keeps the spirit of the Cub -- well done! And what shop did the work? You certainly seem proud of it, and good shops deserve publicity.

Yeah, I used to fly this doctors Super Cub which had a full IFR panel including 2 KX-165s, FD Stec A/P an HSI, Strormscope and Argus 5000. It was nice but just....wrong, especially when sporting tundra tires.

Chris, I did get the XM weather lite package.
Guys,thanks for all the nice words.
Cap'n Ron, The shop did a nice job. They forgot the 12 volt plug and the music/i-pod imput. They were 2.5 weeks late on the job every time I called the owner talked about how he was loosing money on the job. When I picked up the plane and paid close to what we talked about. I thanked him for the nice job.( This was before I saw what was not done.) He never said thanks. After I put my hard erned money down he told me "I wished I never took the job,I would be $2000.00 richer." He was not joking. When I went to ask about what he forgot. I was told go ask the tech. Because he had nothing to do with it. Did I say he was the owner of the comaney. The tech was not ask to do the two plugs. I will take it back over and wait for the plugs to be added. I just kind of chapped my butt how I was treated at the end.
John

Ya really wish they'd accurately costed out the job before they took it and priced it appropriately. They deserve to make a profit, and you deserve good work without being made to feel guilty.

Edit: It DOES look good, though!

Grant, I don't fell guilty. What I paid was not cheep. I would say he made money I bet his tec is making under $20.00 a hour. He was braging when I dropped of the plane that he had got a $160,000 upgrade on a big twin turbo prop. I hope that guy gets a thank you.
John

Back