Got my E-Ox system, what settings to use?

bharris

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Bernie - N7AUH
I ordered am E-Ox system from Aeromedix. It is the E-Ox System 255 - 2 Place system. I will be flying up to 14000 when on IFR Flight plans. I could not find anything in the literature to tell me what flow to set the regulator at.

I do have a pulse oximeter, but I would like to have a reasonable starting point. Any suggestions?

bharris said:
I ordered am E-Ox system from Aeromedix. It is the E-Ox System 255 - 2 Place system. I will be flying up to 14000 when on IFR Flight plans. I could not find anything in the literature to tell me what flow to set the regulator at.

I do have a pulse oximeter, but I would like to have a reasonable starting point. Any suggestions?

I can only tell you what works for me. With oxymizer cannulas, at 14,000 I'm >90% saturated at 0.9 L/min flow. But at 16,000 I need 1.2 L.

Really ought to borrow a Pulse OX and try it out. It's pretty important and what works for me may not be enough (or may be more than enoguh) for you.

My tanks are not calibrated in L/M flows, the flowmeters are by altitude.

I use the altitude on the flow meter (mask or oximizer) and then adjust for 91%+ on the pulse oximeter. With canulas, I find I need a higher flow than the flowmeter above about 13,000. With a mask, I find the flowmeter reads high above 17,000.

That's the best I can tell you from my end.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back