Got my Breezy home :-)

pigpenracing

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
pigpen
Got the new airplane home Saturday. My other planes are "STANDARD" airplanes. This thing sure is a blast! I have 3 flights on it so far, hope weather is good in the morning and I may go burn more gas. Plane was finished in 2011. Cub wing and 150HP O-320 Lycoming.breezy and me.jpg

Awesome, looks like a ton of fun!
I'm surprised by how big it is, I always thought they were much smaller. :oops:

Hey Pigpen. I have a Breezy in NJ for the last ten years. About 400 Hrs in it. It has a Supercub wing and tail and the 0-320 Lyc also. It also has duel controls and an electric system with radio and mode C, lights and electric start. Given several hundred rides since we got it. You will enjoy, lots of fun. Mike in NJ.

Wheel pants on a Breezy always cracks me up... cool toy though!

Wheel pants on a Breezy always cracks me up... cool toy though!

The wheel pants just give it character... Mine is the only one I have seen with wheel pants. I think they look cool.
If you land and take off on dirt runways the wheel pants keep rocks and dirt from being thrown from the tires through the prop :)

Last edited:
Nifty machine! Enjoy!

The wheel pants just give it character... Mine is the only one I have seen with wheel pants. I think they look cool.
If you land and take off on dirt runways the wheel pants keep rocks and dirt from being thrown from the tires through the prop :)

I'm sure they reduce drag and make it faster. :D

Looks like a fun bird. I'm not sure how long it would take me to get used to sitting out in the middle of nowhere like that.

John

No seat belts? Blahh, who needs seat belts...

Nice!

I'm not sure about speed, but I bet you can climb pretty darned swift!

Nice!

I'm not sure about speed, but I bet you can climb pretty darned swift!

At 2200 rpm it cruises a nice 60mph. The climb is what is strange! When it leaves the ground it just seems to go straight up almost like a helicopter. Nose level and it seems someone is just picking you straight up in a chair. LOL
I think a lot is the feeling sitting way out in front of the wing.

Flying that in IMC would very likely be the weirdest feeling in the world :)
Cool!

VERY cool addition to the "pigpen Air Force"!

No cockpit, no shoes, no fear of heights, no problem!

That thing looks awesome. Always had fun looking straight down out of a J-3 door, that level of open-ness must be amazing. Where do you put your drink, or do you just get one of those dual-can helmets?

Not a Breezy, but it was breezy...

attachment.php

I'd be double-checking the frame-to-seat bolts and seat belts every 5 minutes, lol. I bet it'd be a blast once I got over the paranoia of not having any "structure" around me.

The bird looks nice, I question your choice in socks with that footwear.

Lol! I rushed to the airport before work to get a flight in. I kicked off my steel toes and threw on the Vans I keep at the airport for flying.
No I usually don't wear those ugly socks with my awesome shoes :)

Back