Got her back finally! New paint

Jhernandez04

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
TheHulk
Well a storm ran through my airport last summer and messed a few things up, had to send the 235 to the shop to fix dents and wing.

Finally got my plane back with fresh paint. Even got to add a few special touches like a "hulk green stripe" and logo.

What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_2175.jpg
    IMG_2175.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_2178.jpg
    IMG_2178.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_2177.jpg
    IMG_2177.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 124
Congrats on the new paint! She looks great. Wish mine looked that good. My plane goes in for annual in January. They are going to replace all windows and refurbish the interior while it is in. After that maybe I can get new paint a little later down the road.

Thanks guys, I know its wishful thinking but im hoping with the new paint i'll pick up knot or two! Would be a great addition to the awesome paint.

did you decide to keep the 235? looks great.

Well a few low ball offers kept me from selling it at the time, then while tied down the storm came through and it had to be fixed. During that time I realized that I dont exactly have to have a 180kt airplane and have all that complexity that comes with owning a retractable high peformance plane. And with only have 60hours I figure I have enough growing room to become a better pilot.

Had a lot of time to think on it, the new paint kinda won me over.... and its just a really simple plane to fly, 130kts isnt that bad when your only flying 200-300nm's I guess....

Well a few low ball offers kept me from selling it at the time, then while tied down the storm came through and it had to be fixed. During that time I realized that I dont exactly have to have a 180kt airplane and have all that complexity that comes with owning a retractable high peformance plane. And with only have 60hours I figure I have enough growing room to become a better pilot.

Had a lot of time to think on it, the new paint kinda won me over.... and its just a really simple plane to fly, 130kts isnt that bad when your only flying 200-300nm's I guess....

Better than 70 mph on the freeway :D

Looks slick with the new paint:yes:

Looks good. Time to knock of the rust and take some trips.

Looks great... and isn't it nice how much lighter you wallet is now! I had mine painted in Oct and know from experience.

The 235 is a versatile plane. I can beat you by 20 knots, but that's maybe 15-20 minutes over 300nm? Sometimes I would trade speed for the useful load your plane has.

Looks nice, also looks like your nose strut is jacked kinda high.

Our club has three warriors. They all tend to sit like that. Worn out bushings. They go into a nose high attitude when you step up on the wing, and stick there. Once you start moving, they settle down into a more normal attitude.

Thanks everyone, even though its just a 235 I think I can hold my head up high when she's on the ramp for everyone to see.

The 235 is a versatile plane. I can beat you by 20 knots, but that's maybe 15-20 minutes over 300nm? Sometimes I would trade speed for the useful load your plane has.

Yea, the allure of speed gets me almost everytime. But I can haul 4 full sized adults and fuel. Typically the 235 outshines all other means of travel I can imagine when you consider my 200-300NM mission, due to the useful load and convienence of having my own plane.

I have a 5 hour drive, or a 1.5-2hr flight depending on wind. Sure would be nice to have a 1hr flight though :lol::lol:

what could that be from? Is that something I need to look into?

thanks

Too much gas pressure, simple to deal with through the valve stem at the top. Look in the specs and it should tell you how much strut should be showing. Bounce the nose by pulling down on the prop, measure, let out a bit of gas, bounce the nose, measure... repeat until you have the right measurement.

Too much gas pressure, simple to deal with through the valve stem at the top. Look in the specs and it should tell you how much strut should be showing. Bounce the nose by pulling down on the prop, measure, let out a bit of gas, bounce the nose, measure... repeat until you have the right measurement.

Well thats easy enough I'd say.

Henning, do you think i'll get any noticable speed improvment from the new paint?

edit: I also have the new AD complied with, about the rigging cables so that could help with the speed too?

Last edited:
Well thats easy enough I'd say.

Henning, do you think i'll get any noticable speed improvment from the new paint?

At least 20kts, and I think the Hulk graphic should add about 750lbs to your useful load.;):D

In reality, slick paint will be (imperceptibly) slower than oxidized paint.

At least 20kts, and I think the Hulk graphic should add about 750lbs to your useful load.;):D

In reality, slick paint will be (imperceptibly) slower than oxidized paint.

Well at least i'll arrive in style (somewhat) :goofy:

Looks Great. Like the Red Fuel Caps, nice touch.

what could that be from? Is that something I need to look into?

thanks

Probably too much air (or nitrogen) in the strut. The proper amount is measured by how much strut is exposed, and the spec probably is in your POH somewhere. Once you determine that measurement, bounce the nose up and down a bit and measure the exposed strut when it settles down. Repeat it a few times to make sure it's not a sticky strut, and then bleed off air a bit at a time, if needed, to bring it back within range.

-Rich

I'd keep it the way it is. It will let him haul fat chicks up front.

Looks great, who painted it?

Back