Got Dogs?

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
This guy does:

DSCN3268.jpg

This should be a contest: Find all the dogs in the picture. There's four of 'em. The one poking his head out the window is obvious. There's one resting his head at the bottom of the window too. The third one is lying on the dash, and the fourth is the little rat dog on the passenger seat.

There's a fifth in the bunk, and the driver told me he's normally got a sixth with him but it's back home at the vet's undergoing an operation on a tooth.

He's got them well trained. When he opened the door, they were all right there, but they didn't get out until their leashes were attached (each dog jumped to the ground as soon as its leash was attached). There was a post on the step for the leashes to attach to while the driver hooked all the dogs up.

Kinda made me wish I could have my dog in my truck. :(

A man and his dog. One of the most interesting relationships around. Heck, I'm still trying to figure out how I surrendered our bed to our 75# dog. :dunno:

Yup. Lots of them.

Attachments

• Image003.jpg
    Image003.jpg
    545.9 KB · Views: 65
Got three of 'em - Apple (Great Pyr mix 85lbs), Dancer (retriever mix 75lbs) and Mica the Insane Cattle Dog (aussie cattle dog and aussie shepherd mix 75lbs). Whoa. Our house oughta come with seatbelts, sometimes. It can get, uh, loud and crazy.

Only one dog now.....lost my Rotti to cancer july 05. Maggie (Italian Mastiff pictured) is really Mary's dog, she (the dog) just tolerates me living there.

When I was on the road hauling exotic cars my dog was always with me. My Rotti also went to work most days when I ran construction projects.

000_0003.jpg

Oh boy!, we are posting our dog pictures. These are my "kids". The younger one in the pic by himself is Aero, he's 4 mos in this shot (5 mos now). The older one looking over her shoulder tired of mom following her around with a camera is Audi, she's 5. Aero is always happy to pose for pictures. :D

Attachments

• Aero-4mos.JPG
    Aero-4mos.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Aero-Audi2.JPG
    Aero-Audi2.JPG
    212.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
One of the things I decided with the new house is maybe I can finally get my bulldog.

It wasn't really permission that held me back - it's whether I can be around enough to take care of him. I'm gonna talk to my neighbors to see if I can call them to deal with the dog if I get tied up at work or something. I watched them walk their two dogs in the front yard (they don't have much of a back yard, heh).

The new house has a doggy door to the fenced-in back yard, but there are lots of stories about small dogs in the area getting snatched and snacked on by coyotes. I hope a 50-70 pound bulldog might be big enough to not be easy pickins.

Last edited:
there are lots of stories about small dogs in the area getting snatched and snacked on by coyotes.

In Chicago???!!!:eek:
Like Coyotes of da hood roamin around in gangs picking on helpless poodles?:D

So I did post these pics in the "Dogs at Gaston's" thread that I started, but as long as we're all posting our pups here, here's mine:

DSCN0023_1.jpg

DSCN1594.jpg

In Chicago???!!!:eek:
Like Coyotes of da hood roamin around in gangs picking on helpless poodles?:D
The north shore, Lake County.

There have been many toy dogs "disappeared" in the upscale burbs like Northbrook and Winnetka. Towns are hiring a trapper to get the coyotes.

http://www.pioneerlocal.com/parkridge/news/248978,pr-coyote-020807-s1.article
That one was in Park Ridge which is not far from O'Hare.

St. Charles:
http://www.dailyherald.com/search/searchstory.asp?id=278173

I also looked out last night to see the huge pawprints in my front yard. If that was a raccoon it has to be a big un. What has a heel 3-4 inches round and two toes?

Last edited:
The north shore, Lake County.

There have been many toy dogs "disappeared" in the upscale burbs like Northbrook and Winnetka. Towns are hiring a trapper to get the coyotes.

http://www.pioneerlocal.com/parkridge/news/248978,pr-coyote-020807-s1.article
That one was in Park Ridge which is not far from O'Hare.

St. Charles:
http://www.dailyherald.com/search/searchstory.asp?id=278173

I also looked out last night to see the huge pawprints in my front yard. If that was a raccoon it has to be a big un. What has a heel 3-4 inches round and two toes?

Holy crap!! Coyotes in Chicago...who'd have guessed.
As to the two toed big footed critter, maybe a Midwestern snow sloth.:D

Here is our Personal & Hangar Security System. :yes:

Meet Dak, Czech Republic import.

4icb21s.jpg

And meet Dutch, imported from where else? Holland.

2prwoqa.jpg

2rpbib9.jpg

Regards.

-JD

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the things I decided with the new house is maybe I can finally get my bulldog.

It wasn't really permission that held me back - it's whether I can be around enough to take care of him. I'm gonna talk to my neighbors to see if I can call them to deal with the dog if I get tied up at work or something. I watched them walk their two dogs in the front yard (they don't have much of a back yard, heh).

The new house has a doggy door to the fenced-in back yard, but there are lots of stories about small dogs in the area getting snatched and snacked on by coyotes. I hope a 50-70 pound bulldog might be big enough to not be easy pickins.

English or American? My sister has two Americans that she'd let you take. :) (they don't mix with the two kids that she already has with a third on the way)

English or American? My sister has two Americans that she'd let you take. :) (they don't mix with the two kids that she already has with a third on the way)

English. Only sniff as the TV dog show announcers always remind folks, that is a Bulldog. There's no breed called, "English Bulldog" in the AKC. there's no "American Bulldog" in the AKC, either.

I actually like that Bulldogs are low and slow and lubable. They just LOOK like they'd like to tear off an arm.

I'd like a Brindle boy just like the one on top of the breed page:
http://www.akc.org/breeds/bulldog/index.cfm

Thanks for the offer, though. I would take a rescue Bulldog.

Last edited:
OK, I'll bite - here's a good new pic of Piper, taken about 2 minutes ago. I love my dog!
Piper1.jpg

Piper2.jpg

Edit: Actually, here's one from yesterday, when Piper decided he wanted to go out into the lake for a swim!
Piper3.jpg

Last edited:
Alright! They are all just too cool!! Have you ever tried skijoring with any of them?

Not yet. These are working government employees ...once their working season is over in March then we will have the opportunity to...exercise them individually again ;) Get to walk them a lot in the summer too - or rather, they walk us.

Don't have any current pix but Hoss is the puppy (now 3 years old and 75 lbs) and Bear is our 6 year old 75 lb pooch. Hoss is the one who has taken over our bed.

Attachments

• DSC00535.JPG
    DSC00535.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
  • DSC00532.JPG
    DSC00532.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
Here are my mine. A Golden Retriever and a Bernese Mountain Dog.

Attachments

• 100_1174.JPG
    100_1174.JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 8
After almost ten years of skiing and hunting with them, my pair of Akita/Lab hybrids finally got killed by bears.

Dave, how sad! Sorry to hear that. Here's out Akita/Shepherd ...

puppy

That's a nice looking dog Greg. There's nothing quite like the Akita line.

My dogs had great, long lives doing what they were bred to do, chase down bears, and did more in one year than most dogs do in a lifetime.

Back