Got a prescription, but never saw a doc.

Anymouse

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Total Stud Bush Pilot
My company provided me with Doxycycline for malaria prevention via the mail. I'm sure a company doc authorized this, but I never saw the doc myself. I thought about this while filling out my 8500-8 on TurboMedical where I stated that I haven't had any visits with a medical professional in the last three years. I'm curious if this will cause a red flag with the medical folks at the FAA. If so, I could probably use one of the PAs that come along with us on medevac missions. Just curious how to handle this so I don't have the evil eye of the FAA on me.

Hard to believe. Doxy is just an analog of tetracycline, used to ward off bacterial infections. The US regulates these, but other countries don't, as they're quite safe so long as you are not allergic to them.

No different than visiting Mexico and getting (and using) an OTC medication that in the US is by prescription only (BTDT.)

You are in Africa, yes?

Not sure what the question is. If you didn't visit a doctor, you didn't visit a doctor. I forget if the form asks whether you were prescribed any medicine, only if you're on something at the present time.

Not to condone falsifying the form, but is your company US-based? If not, can the FAA get records from a foreign employer who might have "prescribed" something?

No different than visiting Mexico and getting (and using) an OTC medication that in the US is by prescription only (BTDT.)

You are in Africa, yes?

Yep!!

Not sure what the question is. If you didn't visit a doctor, you didn't visit a doctor. I forget if the form asks whether you were prescribed any medicine, only if you're on something at the present time.

Not to condone falsifying the form, but is your company US-based? If not, can the FAA get records from a foreign employer who might have "prescribed" something?

Company is US based. The question is will have a prescribed medication without a doctor visit as well (as shown on the form) cause a red flag to go up at the FAA. I don't really think I'll get denied for such a thing, as it can be easily explained, but I see no reason to give them the opportunity if I can rectify it in advance. I'm hoping Dr. B will chime in here shortly.

Yep!!

Company is US based. The question is will have a prescribed medication without a doctor visit as well (as shown on the form) cause a red flag to go up at the FAA. I don't really think I'll get denied for such a thing, as it can be easily explained, but I see no reason to give them the opportunity if I can rectify it in advance. I'm hoping Dr. B will chime in here shortly.
I'd just write a synopsis in the blank explaining it, and when the doc asks, tell him.

I get emails all the time offering meds without seeing a doc... mostly "performance enhancing" drugs!

Andy, you're in Africa. It's a different planet. If you're on the med when you do the 8500-8, report it. If you're not, it's pretty immaterial. That med is OK with FAA anyway.....

I get emails all the time offering meds without seeing a doc... mostly "performance enhancing" drugs!

You get those too?!?!? I thought I was getting some special deal on my natural male enhansement. Hopefully you didn't make the same deal with the same expatriated middle eastern prince who needed to send some money over seas...I don't want to lose my share!:D

You get those too?!?!? I thought I was getting some special deal on my natural male enhansement. Hopefully you didn't make the same deal with the same expatriated middle eastern prince who needed to send some money over seas...I don't want to lose my share!:D
There must be the reason I saw that note in lipstick on the lavatory wall in a 757. It was quite an endearment to some dude named "Matthew"

:D

There must be the reason I saw that note in lipstick on the lavatory wall in a 757. It was quite an endearment to some dude named "Matthew"

:D

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Shhhhhhh, don't tell my fiance about the "fringe" benefits of jumpseating. If only Hooters Air were still around :).

/7500

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back