Got a chance to go to ACK

Aztec Driver

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Bryon
Took my wife out to Nantucket yesterday. Absolutely gorgeous weather. Smooth, clear, although a bit hazy for any kind of good pictures, especially from the altitude we where cruising at. Up over the Class B of New York and out along the Island. Could see Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket from 40-50 miles away. Landed on a glorified taxiway (12-30).:D Fuel was a little high, but since they didn't seem to charge me landing fees, it made it a lot better. Unless, of course, they mail them out later. The airport was extremely busy at noon time yesterday, actually running "simultaneous approaches" to non parallel runways. That was busier than I had ever seen them, and I usually go there when they are somewhat busy.

Spent all afternoon and part of the evening riding bike around the island. At least as long as my butt would allow. Amazing how painful it gets when you really haven't done it in years. Tried to go into the town centers, but were driven away by the crowds. My wife and I are not shop dwellers much and the milling crowds and miserable traffic along the streets drove us crazy. The rest of the island is beautiful, with tree lined streets, shady bike paths, and, of course, the "beautiful people." People were nice, and it was a breezy, sunny day for a long bike ride. Only got to see about half the island, as my butt called it quits around 6:30pm. Wanted to get in the water, but just didn't get the chance. Didn't see many others in the water, though.

I was thinking about coming back under the bravo, but my wife wanted no parts of that. I guess screaming along at 400 feet over the water is not her cup of tea. Came back at 8500 and managed to get a few shots of the New York area. Not much to see at that time of day and at that altitude, but fun anyway.

Attachments

• Camera dump 070410.jpg
    Camera dump 070410.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 14
  • Camera dump 070410 024.jpg
    Camera dump 070410 024.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 11
  • Camera dump 070410 027.jpg
    Camera dump 070410 027.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Nice!! I bet it was gorgeous out there ysterday, a good breeze and temps comfortable.

We made a breakfast run yesterday and that was it for the weekend. Just finished up with the BBQ and now looking for fireworks locations.

Back