Gopro question.

Fatherof2

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Fatherof2
Hi Gang,

I have the basic Hero model. (The small 200 dollar cube model.)

Can this be connected to the intercom so that it will record ATC etc?

Thanks All.

Looking at the spec sheet, there's a mic but no othere audio input/output.

Hi Gang,

I have the basic Hero model. (The small 200 dollar cube model.)

Can this be connected to the intercom so that it will record ATC etc?

Thanks All.

I'm not sure - I have the original Hero and it doesn't record audio from a line-in source - only the built in mic. However, using this cable I have been recording the audio on my phone and syncing it later. That cable does work directly with certain GoPro models that support audio in over usb.

Thanks guys.

I'm thinking that this probably isn't going to work.

There is an official GoPro 3.5mm mic adaptor. It plugs into the charging port. Works great.

Compatibility is listed om Amazon as:

I believe that is what he has, but he'd have to check himself. If it's newer than a year or two, I'd be willing to bet it's one of those.

If it's vintage, it may not work, but again, it may. I don't think the charging ports have ever changed, and that's all it plugs into.

Got a USB to headset cable that came with the 4 I bought on here, pretty sure those cables work with the older ones too

I'll sell you my Garmin VIRB Elite if you want. Haven't used it in years and it comes with a cable you can connect to your headset and the plane. Captures ATC audio flawlessly. Even have a prop filter for it.

I'll sell you my Garmin VIRB Elite if you want. Haven't used it in years and it comes with a cable you can connect to your headset and the plane. Captures ATC audio flawlessly. Even have a prop filter for it.

PM sent.

Back