GoPro Power

iamtheari

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
Ari
Sporty’s information about the GoPro audio adapter cable says “Due to the design of the GoPro, using aircraft power will not work.” But my aircraft will be experimental. Has anyone already experimented with how to get around this design ‘feature’ and provide aircraft power to the GoPro?

Sporty’s information about the GoPro audio adapter cable says “Due to the design of the GoPro, using aircraft power will not work.” But my aircraft will be experimental. Has anyone already experimented with how to get around this design ‘feature’ and provide aircraft power to the GoPro?
I'd contact GoPro direct and ask for specific power specs.

I remember reading the same thing. I bough one of those sporty's cigarette usb chargers and have yet to test it. After my annual I will and let you know. The gopro's charge fine plugged into a usb on a computer just like the iPad does. My iPad charges fine in the aircraft so I'm hopeful.

I’m betting it has something to do with the audio cable not having ground isolated properly from the power supply ground. Be interesting what they say.

I’ve certainly charged mine in my RV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I charge mine in a car USB adapter. Works fine. Its a 2.4AMP

I've got one of those big charging bricks that will charge a cell phone like 10 times. I've hooked the GoPro to that while it was filming and have no issues

Sounds like the Garmin Virb. The aircraft audio cable uses the same port as the charger. So you can either use the audio cable or charge it, but not both.

I'm working on building a workaround.

Back