GoPro microSD card recommendations?

CC268

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
CC268
Now that the new GoPro 6 came out I am thinking about purchasing one. I have never owned a GoPro, but I think it will be a fun endeavor to learn about basic filming and editing.

I need to do some research on microSD cards, but I was wondering if anyone had recommendations on a good quality card. Not sure how much memory I should be shooting for(32, 64, 128GB, etc)...I suppose the more the better.

An SD card is an SD card. SanDisk makes a good one. The size just depends on how long you anticipate the duration of each recording to be, so you'll have to determine that. 64gb should be sufficient for most folks.

An SD card is an SD card. SanDisk makes a good one. The size just depends on how long you anticipate the duration of each recording to be, so you'll have to determine that. 64gb should be sufficient for most folks.

Yea I just saw that GoPro has a list of recommended cards and they aren’t all that pricey so I will definitely spring for the 64GB

The data rate going -to- the card probably isn't awful. I'd be inclined to pick the highest speed class I could afford to make getting data off the card faster.

Back