GoPro Hero camera in a Piper Archer...

Armageddon Aviator

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Alon Smolarski
I'd like to get some advice on where to place a GoPro Hero camera in a Piper Archer.

One camera will be inside the aircraft, and the other one will be attached outside.

Horizontal stabilizer ? Vertical stabilizer ? Any suggestions ?

Alon

I'd like to get some advice on where to place a GoPro Hero camera in a Piper Archer.

One camera will be inside the aircraft, and the other one will be attached outside.

Alon

Alon the piper has a Stabiliator not a horizontal stabilizer and elevator such as your used to in the 172 that you fly. The entire horizontal stab pivots so the camera view is going to rotate every time you push or pull the yoke

Alon

I've seen a couple videos where people have mounted GoPros on the inside of step just below the baggage door. The videos look pretty good.

Alon the piper has a Stabiliator not a horizontal stabilizer and elevator such as your used to in the 172 that you fly. The entire horizontal stab pivots so the camera view is going to rotate every time you push or pull the yoke

Duh :rolleyes2:...

Completely forgot about that stabilator thing...

I guess it leaves only 2 options, the vertical stabilizer or the step....

I'd do it when you're not out to film anything in particular. Might learn something from it, or it may produce a visually interesting video, or it may be crap. Sounds like a fun experiment.

Back