GoPro Hero 5 Session on my Bose A10.....no sound (Solution Found)

maduro

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Maduro
I have mounted a GoPro session 5 on my A10 with the Gopro audio adaptor but I am not getting any sound on my video recordings. I purchased the Nflight audio cable that is supposedly work with Gopro 5 to infinity....but its not working. I really like the session 5 smaller form factor and hence this exercise. There are youtube examples where this solution is functional with the Session 5. Let me know if you have any experience on this. Thanx.

GoPro5session on A10 1024 size.jpg

Flip the cable. I have a handful of those cables and for some reason some of them will record regardless of the orientation. A few of them will only record if it's inserted one way.

Insert the USBC plug in the opposite orientation in the camera and report back.

SOLUTION FOUND:

Ok, after rootin around in google, the problem has been isolated to the USB C extension I used from the Gropro Audio adapter to the Gopro 5 Session camera (its the grey and black twist pattern cable in the picture). I noticed that I got sound on the video if I directly connect the Gopro Audio adaptor to the Gopro 5 Session camera. But, if you use ONLY this USB C extension cable, then you don't have to try to mount the Gopro Audio adaptor on your headset. Which I prefer. If you happen to find any other cables that work.... please reply to this post.

CableCreation USB C Extension Cable (USB 3.2/10Gbps)

Do NOT use any adaptors or gender changers in between the camera, audio adaptor and the extension cable or you will not get sound in your recordings.

Last edited:
Back