GoPro Hero 3+: BEFORE YOU BUY IT

MrAviator180

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
MrAviator
Hey guys,

I've had my GoPro HERO 3: Silver Edition since last year. I just recently got the GoPro HERO 3+: Black edition.

There are several problems I have already ran into:

The camera is write protected. Which is colossally retarded. You can't get anything off of it and you can't update the firmware. Refer to the manual to get the wifi password. In order to get videos off, I have to put the SD card I used to use in my silver, into my silver.

The camera won't film in 4K continuously.

Maybe it's time to get a new SD card....Or just trade this piece of junk in for a Garmin Virb.

Hmm... I had no such issues with my silver. I updated the firmware, and have pulled the microsd card out and read it with my Win7 laptop.

Hey guys,

I've had my GoPro HERO 3: Silver Edition since last year. I just recently got the GoPro HERO 3+: Black edition.

The camera is write protected. Which is colossally retarded. You can't get anything off of it and you can't update the firmware. Refer to the manual to get the wifi password. In order to get videos off, I have to put the SD card I used to use in my silver, into my silver.

Maybe it's time to get a new SD card....Or just trade this piece of junk in for a Garmin Virb.

His silver works fine, its the Black 3+. I love my silver and have never seen the the worth in the black, Not for me anyway.

Now the question is, do you actually have a 4k monitor/TV?
Are you using a class 10 card and did you format the card before using it in the 3+?

Last edited:
His silver works fine, its the Black 3+. I love my silver and have never seen the the worth in the black, Not for me anyway.

Now the question is, do you actually have a 4k monitor/TV?
Are you using a class 10 card and did you format the card before using it in the 3+?

Class 10 card, yep. I also formatted the card several times.

I got the firmware issue worked out just recently. But I'm still having the kinks in the 4K

Class 10 card, yep. I also formatted the card several times.

I got the firmware issue worked out just recently. But I'm still having the kinks in the 4K

Gopro tech support is really good. Give them a call if you haven't already.

Was given the hero 3 white edition,being new to the go pro,have no idea what to expect . Going to be fun I hope.

Was given the hero 3 white edition,being new to the go pro,have no idea what to expect . Going to be fun I hope.

It'll be great fun! It'll be a lot of trial & error if you aren't used to mounted cameras.

Hey guys,

I updated my firmware right out of the box via the MicroSD card, download videos the same way. I've had no issues at all with my 3Black

Back