GoPro and Micro SD cards

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
So this past summer I got a GoPro Hero Black for my birthday. I just got to reading the instructions and figuring the thing out and I realized that it took a micro SD card which did not come with the unit. So I'll search Amazon but first wanted to ask how big ( GB) and SD card would folks recommend. And do most Micro SD cards come with an adapter? Thanks

GoPros are a blast. I'd recommend a 64GB card and make sure it is a class 10 card. SD cards have different speeds and you want the fastest speed you can get. Yes, mist of them will come with an adapter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So this past summer I got a GoPro Hero Black for my birthday. I just got to reading the instructions and figuring the thing out and I realized that it took a micro SD card which did not come with the unit. So I'll search Amazon but first wanted to ask how big ( GB) and SD card would folks recommend. And do most Micro SD cards come with an adapter? Thanks

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M55C1I2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

I use these in my Virb (close enough). It'll come with an adapter.

Use a sandisk extreme/extreme plus. Higher write/read speeds

Agreed.....

I have a 32gig and a 64 gig for my Hero 3 Black...

Saw that Sandisk now has a 128 gig card.....

Un believable ..... The thing is the size of a postage stamp and can hold 128 gigabytes.........

The stuff that has happened in our lifetime is amazing.....:yes::)

I have a Hero 3+ Silver. Book says up to 64gb, but could not get it to recognize it. 32GB works great.

In a GoPro Hero4, the default video mode is 1080p60, which means pixel dimensions of 1920 x 1080, progressive mode, and 60 frames-per-second.

The GoPro breaks the recording across a succession of video files.

In 1080p60 mode, each file is about 20 minutes long and weighs about 3.8 GB.

32GB is just right for me.

In a GoPro Hero4, the default video mode is 1080p60, which means pixel dimensions of 1920 x 1080, progressive mode, and 60 frames-per-second.

The GoPro breaks the recording across a succession of video files.

In 1080p60 mode, each file is about 20 minutes long and weighs about 3.8 GB.

32GB is just right for me.

Pfft, 1080p. 4K is where it's at!

I think it's a little overkill for our crappy flight videos. :)

I usually shoot 1080P, so I clearly mostly agree with you, but I have shot 4K occasionally to be able to pan and zoom in post and give more control in the result.

If all you're doing is bombing around with the camera running, then yeah, 4K is almost useless. But if you're not going to edit together something interesting at the end then why bother to begin with, it's not like the world needs another 20 minute video of a flight from St. Louis to Springfield sped up 4 times to make it look fast. And if you *are* going to edit, 4k can be useful...

Back