Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
MyPilotPro
logo.png

MyPilotPro GoPro Mount Bundle
$99.95 & Free Shiiping

Product-combo-main-pic-502x471.jpg

With the MyPilotPro Bundle you get the MyPilotPro Swivel, MyPilotPro Mount, and MypilotPro Wrench at a 20% savings! This Bundle is great for multi-view filming of your flight! Attach the MyPilotPro Mount on your rear tie down for perfect straight ahead shots and attach the MyPilotPro Swivel to your wing’s tie down for awesome side shots! There are countless configurations to put them in but whatever configuration you use with the Bundle, you’re assured to get memorable footage of every flight! As always, MyPilotPro products are compatible with all GoPro cameras and come with a 30 day money back guarantee.

Each mount is individually handcrafted in our Bucks County PA shop. They are not mass produced in a foreign factory and I stand by each mount with a a 30 day money back guarantee. All parts are sourced in the USA. Each mount is made of aircraft aluminum, stainless steel and aluminum hardware, and neoprene washers.

$99.95 and FREE SHIPPING for all Pilots of America members. Use code NEWTOWN at checkout for free shipping.

Visit www.mypilotpro.com to purchase and see all our GoPro aircraft mounts

3_zpshjjzbcqy.jpg

Wrench1_zps40cbmqai.jpg

42552c2c-4f96-4d99-99ea-e35ca501e9ff_zpsyasycgum.jpg

$99.95 and FREE SHIPPING for all Pilots of America members. Use code NEWTOWN at checkout for free shipping.

Visit [URL="http://www.mypilotpro.com/?utm_source=Pilots%20of%20America&utm_medium=Bundle&utm_campaign=POA%20Bundle"]www.mypilotpro.com[/URL] to purchase and see all our GoPro aircraft mounts

NEWTOWN as in the school shooting place?

Not sure that's a very nice promo code.

Nice mounts though. Like the cammed compression levers. Great idea.

Does the air blast cause any camera shaking?

Yes. In his top photo there will be a lot of jello. In the bottom one, because the camera is closer to the mount and has less leverage, there will be less. The video below shows the jello from one of his mounts, but I don't know if it's the longer one or the shorter one.

Last edited:
Thanks. I figured that might be a problem. I wonder if putting some type of fairing on the back would help at all.

DenverPilot - Newtown is the town I reside in Pennsylvania, not Connecticut. Thanks for the kudos on the mount! I'm very proud of them.

write-stuff - No, the air rushing by the camera does not cause shaking. The video 172 Guy posted of my product was a quick video I took while testing a different prototype configuration of the mounting system and abandoned it due to the shaking. All my mounts have multiple thin neoprene washers which eliminates this. I stand by the quality of my product and provide a no questions asked money back guarantee if you feel they don't provide what you are looking for in a GoPro aircraft mount. Below are a couple YouTube video links of my 2 mounts. The first is of the Swivel mount (the one that hangs down lower) on several take off and landings using the new configuration. The second link is a quick intro video for both of my mounts.

https://youtu.be/GUZGo3FKcfc

https://youtu.be/qe4ap4e1i8E

RalphInCA - I do not currently have a Virb edition, but I do plan on buying a Virb and making a mount for it.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Marshall

write-stuff - No, the air rushing by the camera does not cause shaking. The video 172 Guy posted of my product was a quick video I took while testing a different prototype configuration of the mounting system and abandoned it due to the shaking. All my mounts have multiple thin neoprene washers which eliminates this.

Do you have any video of your new design at cruise speed? That's really when you would see the difference.

Here is some high definition video footage of MyPilotPro Swivel (the one that hangs down) using the current mounting configuration. It was taken a few weeks ago. The footage is between Lancaster PA and Reading PA. I'm cruising at roughly 110 kts in a Cherokee.

Here is some high definition video footage of MyPilotPro Swivel (the one that hangs down) using the current mounting configuration. It was taken a few weeks ago. The footage is between Lancaster PA and Reading PA. I'm cruising at roughly 110 kts in a Cherokee.

The camera on the tail fell off! :rofl:

Nope...still there. This video was taken on my birthday last year and uses the MyPilotPro Mount (I called it belly cam before starting my company) on the rear tie down. You can watch the whole video but I think what you're looking for starts at about 5:20 and ends somewhere around 8:00.

Will these mounts work with pull-out kind of tie down rings on older C182 (the ones that are normally hidden inside the wing strut)?

By "work" I mean if the mount will fit, and whether or not the fact that the ring is not fixed will cause the camera to shake in flight.

Will these mounts work with pull-out kind of tie down rings on older C182 (the ones that are normally hidden inside the wing strut)?

By "work" I mean if the mount will fit, and whether or not the fact that the ring is not fixed will cause the camera to shake in flight.

My '76 has the pull-out tie downs on the wing struts and I could not get the mount to work very well, but I need to play with it some more. I only messed with it for a coupe minutes.

I have not tested my mounts on pull-out tie downs, only tie downs that are affixed in one position outside of the aircraft's wings, struts, and rear. My guess is that if the pull-out tie down comes out as far as the C-172 strut tie down, it would attached securely but may produce "bouncy" footage due the tie down not being affixed in one position.

They will certainly work on the rear tie down that protrudes out though.

Marshall

Back